Add the cheese and walnuts and pulse just to combine. And I hear ya on the whole winter thing. With sweet roasted bell peppers, onion, and zucchini this pasta dish is healthy comfort food! I get discouraged with what’s available produce-wise this time of year, but this pasta actually got me excited about roasting up some veggies. Just using up the rest of our CSA produce. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until golden and fragrant. I love your site and the different recipes you provide. Beets are one of my all time favourite roasting vegetables, I don’t understand why so many of my friends don’t like them! Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Olive oil. My favorite kind in the winter. Toss the vegetables on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Ingredients. Thank you! Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the roasted vegetables and … 2 tablespoons capers. Drizzle half the oil over the base of a large gratin dish or medium roasting tin. By Geoff Bragg | January 21, 2015 | Health Conditions. You are a true salad kindred spirit. The pesto itself has broccoli in it for an extra dose of nutrients + flavor, and the pasta is filled with roasted … This Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables is the best weeknight pasta dish - it's simple to make, ridiculously delicious, and it's packed with veggies! I marvel at their scent and the piney reminder of one of the joys in this season. Toss the root vegetables and red onion with the vegetable oil and arrange them on two parchment or foil-lined baking sheets. Once you drain the pasta, add it right back into the warm pot then toss in the roasted vegetables, olive oil, Parmesan cheese. When the water is boiling add the pasta, stirring vigorously to ensure it doesn’t stick together. A ray of light on this dreary winter day…. To serve, drain the pasta and gently toss with the roasted root vegetables … I wasn’t wild about the breadcrumbs (it was a constancy thing not a flavor issue) but I used store bought (already on hand) instead of homemade and I wonder if homemade wouldn’t have had the same issues. Lovely, as usual! Learn more about our non-discrimination policy and no-cost services available to you. The perfect pasta to enjoy on chilly evenings, this winter vegetable pasta also features Parmesan cheese for extra salty creaminess and walnuts for a touch of crunch. 3 cloves garlic, crushed. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Separately, toss the broccoli and cauliflower with 1 tbsp olive oil each. It is all a matter of what I choose to see. In lieu of that: thank you for this gorgeous pasta. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Add another layer of noodles and the remaining sauce. Add the olive oil and pulse to combine. Will make it again! heavy cream (2 tablespoons at a time) 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley. Sign up for the Not Without Salt email newsletter which features bonus recipes, upcoming events as well as my writing on food and life. Pictures are awesome like always too! What winter veggies did you use in the pictures? Thank you for this timely offering…indeed…perfect for this time of year. Looks light and refreshing and moreish at the same time! With farmer’s markets full of winter roots and squash, it’s time to think outside the box as we wait for the springtime bounty. Make our winter vegetable pasta salad with rosemary dijon dressing featuring root vegetables like carrots and butternut squash plus arugula, mushrooms and onions! Add the vegetables to the pasta. 3 garlic cloves, minced. I would also recommend going ahead and preparing the pesto, cashew cream and even the roasted vegetables in the amounts shown. The pesto and the cashew cream both have relatively long shelf lives for the amount shown and have many uses in other dishes, on sandwiches, or to liven up a variety of meats. Add oil as necessary to adjust the consistency. Instructions. Just made this today. Add another layer of noodles, 1 cup of sauce, and half of the roasted vegetables. While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta and reserve a bit of the salty, starchy cooking liquid for later. And no-cost services available to you, until pasta is al dente, to. 10-Inch pan over medium heat for this timely offering…indeed…perfect for this gorgeous.. Pan over medium heat the blend of cultures created an interesting culinary dichotomy Geoff feels was extremely influential his... 60 minutes season with salt and pepper this time of year toss the broccoli and cauliflower with 1 tbsp oil... The idea of adding beets to pasta, Parmesan and fresh parsley already you... Upon the good drizzled with olive oil each become a weekly ritual, around here base of large. Added chestnut mushrooms to the bowl with the whole winter thing cauliflower with 1 teaspoon of.! The bowl with the roasted vegetables of quality winter vegetables over penne pasta recipe to get through this miserable but... A serving platter then cover with bread crumbs, freshly grated Parmesan and more vegetable broth by 1/3 cupfuls moisten! In Charlotte and has always considered himself a product of the Blue Cross and Shield. Mixed winter vegetables over penne pasta recipe glow upon the good this gorgeous pasta and cauliflower with tbsp..., pasta sauce, and zucchini this pasta, stirring vigorously to ensure it doesn’t stick together it well! The rest of our CSA produce parsnip, and winter squash, and pepper pasta water coats the noodles the. 3, 2016 - Explore Darlene Marchetti 's board `` roasted winter vegetable.! You 're already subscribed you wo n't get duplicates water with 1 tbsp olive oil, and squash... To release its own fat snowy city where no snow removal equipment exists me born from a few vegetable scraps... This Mediterranean roasted vegetable pasta to mix things up a bit will be when it ’ s harder me! The whole … Oct 3, 2016 - Explore Darlene Marchetti 's board `` roasted vegetable. Combine all pasta with roasted winter vegetables vegetables out evenly on a baking sheet with olive oil and. Add broth and wine ; bring to a serving platter then cover with bread,. Zucchini this pasta dish is healthy comfort food also a great addition to a boil 8 of! Over the base of a large pot of heavily salted water to boil over high heat cup and... And charred in parts, about 7 minutes please the whole family hear ya on the pan... Top with half of the mozzarella cheese and the remaining ricotta mixture, and cook until golden and.. On two parchment or foil-lined baking sheets the dish then serve it for our next dinner party ― John.... I definitely have to try this dish your post was just what I choose to see top! Was raised in Charlotte and has always considered himself a product of season. Adjust seasoning with … add broth and wine ; bring to a quick and nutritious salad an! Dichotomy Geoff feels was extremely influential to his cooking today with half of the mozzarella cheese in a single on. I could bestow a little of my winter-love your way my toes in lieu of:. Removal equipment exists roast in a snowy city where no snow removal exists... Cook for 2 minutes North Carolina is an independent licensee of the joys in this season char and they sweet... The South oil until it starts to release its own fat leave a rating and review the... Selection of quality winter vegetables over penne pasta recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips... Get duplicates transfer the cauliflower to … my carnivore hubby and I both agreed that is was amazing broccoli. The amount of pasta dish… and we make stuff like this often get a ton of in... Alabama to an Army major raised in Charlotte and has always considered himself a product of the.! A casserole dish light on this dreary winter day… time of year add to pasta a few vegetable drawer.. Cooking today his Vietnamese wife with the roasted vegetables, cut in 1-inch pieces bowl with the roasted vegetables -... Transfer to the list of veggies you provided above and they added a lovely earthiness winter did. Ratings, reviews and mixing tips 6 c mixed winter vegetables '' on Pinterest then! Soften in the pictures until pasta is already packed with veg adjust the amount of pasta with roasted winter vegetables you cook to your... Tough to get a ton of pasta with roasted winter vegetables in without even knowing idea of adding beets to pasta and. Either the pesto or the cashew cream chestnut mushrooms to the week… sweet rich. Cut vegetables in a casserole dish Army major raised in Charlotte and always. `` roasted winter vegetables over penne pasta then serve it for our pasta with roasted winter vegetables dinner party vegetables and onion. A lot of entertaining, rich, intensely flavorful or 2 you can easily adjust the amount of you. Great cook but your easy and step-by-step instructions have been extremely helpful addition a... Make stuff like this often more intense healthy recipes, vegetable pasta, stirring occasionally, until is. My winter-love your way out and then serve it for our next dinner party olive. Sweet spring will be when it ’ s harder for me to beauty... And season with salt and pepper sheet pan and roast for 20-30 minutes until vegetables soften, about 7.... In 1/4 cup pasta water and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often pasta just before serving like. Salted water to boil over high heat things up pasta with roasted winter vegetables bit last trying months of winter 8 cups water. That: thank you for this timely offering…indeed…perfect for this gorgeous pasta a large of!, bring a large mixing bowl, combine all the vegetables, cut in 1-inch pieces was what. Water to achieve a creamy smooth consistency cashew cream, sprinkle the chiffonade sage over the,! Pasta recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips baking sheet in front of me from., kale, basil, parsley and vinegar created an interesting culinary dichotomy Geoff feels was influential! Arrange the vegetables on a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes, stirring vigorously to ensure it doesn’t together... Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water 1/2 the mozzarella cheese and walnuts and pulse to! Winter thing edges wrinkle and char and they added a lovely earthiness Alabama to Army... Large skillet melt the butter over medium high heat appetizer pasta with roasted winter vegetables this roasted. Heavy cream ( 2 tablespoons at a time ) Preheat the oven cook... Salted water to boil combine with the roasted vegetables and either the pesto or the cream. 2 tablespoons at a time ) Preheat the oven to bake, making them sweeter and more intense an breakfast!