The rhubarb doesn’t have to be cut perfectly. I think we are like sisters only you got the culinary skills. Cut in 1/2 cup of butter by pinching between your fingers or using a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly. Here, find our best rhubarb recipes, from cakes, crisps, and pies to rhubarb compote, rhubarb chutney, and even drinks featuring this spring vegetable. Canadian Living is the #1 lifestyle brand for Canadian women. Cuisinart DLC-8SY Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor, White. Canadian Living Magazine: May 2012. Otherwise cool completely and refrigerate until serving. A judicious amount of sugar in the filling lets the natural sweetness of the fruit shine and keeps calories in check. Inspired by our love of lemon squares, we developed this healthy strawberry-rhubarb squares recipe. Transfer to a shallow bowl and let cool. Nor is the popularity of the shortbread crust in this Bourbon Cheesecake with Boozy Chocolate for Two. Some of these bars and squares can be used, not only as a finger food snack, but as a "cake" type square or bar, and served on individual plates with a dollop of whip cream, and garnished with fruit. I mean he’s not totally wrong, but like … not in this context. Made with fresh or frozen rhubarb, a shortbread crust and custard filling. Make the jam: Combine rhubarb, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan. Pat into the bottom of the prepared pan. You can also use your food processor to cut in the butter and make this dough for the cookie crust. ADD YOUR PHOTO. So easy Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares. Bake for another 35-40 minutes. From Pillsbury. This recipe is featured on: Irresistible Rhubarb; Share. But they are just a tad bit more time consuming. Rhubarb Dream Bars. Posted on Published: August 8, 2018 By: Author Heather Tullos. The shortbread is not super sweet. Stir in rhubarb; pour over warm crust. www.bestbakingrecipe.com/rhubarb-and-raisin-meringue-squares Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally. ], 2 identical cats, and her very tolerant family. And add whipped cream. My husband insisted he didn't like rhubarb, so I baked these muffins and did not tell him they were rhubarb. So let’s talk about dogs for a few, because I’d actually rather talk about dogs than food anyway. Rhubarb Filling: In large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and flour to boil. Directions. Everything You Need To Know About Rhubarb Pour the filling over the warm crust when you take it from the oven. Remove and discard vanilla bean. Rhubarb Custard Squares or Tart. Let cool slightly. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Share It! In a saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar, water rand salt to a boil. Discover dessert recipes for cakes, cupcakes, pies, cookies, brownies, holidays and every day of the year. If fresh rhubarb is unavailable, measure the same amount of frozen rhubarb… This is an old fashioned recipe that is popular every year when figs are in season. Need an excellent make ahead dessert for a crowd? I am boring myself with all this technical talk about Rhubarb Squares because honestly this recipe is super simple. Food styling by David Grenier | Prop styling by Sasha Seymour. Mostly he just needs supervision while driving. My brother has been here visiting since yesterday and Sawyer, A.K.A my best friend on earth, has decided that my brother requires all the supervision. This is an old time favorite square recipe.Date Squares are known in Western Canada as Matrimonial Cake is a popular date filled rolled oat squares. In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Our reader Liz says "I made this recipe for creamy rhubarb shortbread squares and it's wonderful !!" 8 cups 8cupschopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb1/3 cup 1/3cupwild fireweed honeywild fireweed honey or wildflower honey1/4 cup 1/4cupall purpose flour1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar1 tbsp 1tbsporange juiceCobbler Topping:1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall-purpose flour2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar1 tsp 1tspbaking powder1/4 tsp 1/4tspbaking soda1 pinch 1pinchsalt1/4 … Creamy Rhubarb Shortbread Squares are perfect for a large crowd or potluck dessert. Make Rhubarb Squares! Here we make unfussy food with easy-to-find ingredients that's simple enough for beginners and still fun for experienced cooks. For filling, in a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. I am boring myself with all this technical talk about Rhubarb Squares because honestly this recipe is super simple. Public Recipe Share. Don’t forget the whipped cream. Save It! This springtime twist on classic date squares features a tangy-sweet pink rhubarb filling. Add lard and pulse 12 times until fine. Dessert Squares: Crust ingredients: vanilla wafer crumbs, margarine or butter (melted). Cool, cut into squares and serve. This lunar rhubarb cake is a thing – do you know of it? This helps the bars lift easily from the pan. Toss remaining oat mixture with almonds, gently pressing into small clumps; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. See more ideas about rhubarb, rhubarb recipes, rhubarb desserts. 1/2 cup white (granulated) sugar 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) 1 tbsp. Instead of 15 standard muffins, I made seven jumbo muffins and baked them for 23 minutes. If you insert a toothpick into the center it should come out clean. Also, I used frozen rhubarb - no need to defrost. Leslie Sand says. May 20, 2016 - This springtime twist on classic date squares features a tangy-sweet pink rhubarb filling. The rhubarb bars or squares are of a cake-like consistency, so you can add a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream on top if you wish! Everything You Need To Know About Rhubarb He doesn’t require supervision here in our house, or with dogs. From Canadian Living. Hurry hurry hurry! Dough: Whirl flour with salt in a food processor until blended. Inspired by our love of lemon squares, we developed this healthy strawberry-rhubarb squares recipe. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally. I decided to forsake all graham crackers there – AND here. My brother has been here visiting since yesterday and Sawyer, A.K.A my best friend on earth, has decided that my brother requires all the supervision. Comments. Top it all off with a creamy topping. 7x7" Potholders(Set of 6) Non Slip,Dishwasher Safe,Durable. https://www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/rhubarb-crumb-cake Bring to a simmer over low heat, cook, stirring often, until rhubarb softens and forms a soft mass, about 10 minutes. Spread The 34 Best Rhubarb Recipes For Spring. Cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form. Cool on a wire rack. Honestly, if you live near a whole foods you probably don’t have to hurry at all and you can just have rhubarb any old time. This recipe makes 24 Scrumptious servings! Preheat the oven to 350°F. Your Name: Please enter your name: To: (Separate e-mail addresses by commas) Please enter at least 1 e-mail address: Message: Please enter a message. What You Need to Make Rhubarb Dream Bars . SERVES: 8. Press into a greased 8-in. Duh. From Pillsbury. Fresh rhubarb mixed with a few pantry staples poured over a cookie crust. In a saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar, water rand salt to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk together rolled oats, flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; with fingers or pastry blender, blend in butter until crumbly. Rhubarb lovers unite! Creamy Rhubarb Shortbread Squares are perfect for a large crowd or potluck dessert. The guests said they didn't try it because they weren't sure what it was. Rhubarb-Banana Crumble ** Modified from Canadian Living’s Rhubarb-Banana Crumble ** Things you need… Rhubarb Banana Filling 5 cups rhubarb, chopped 3 ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 tbsp tapioca 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/8 tsp nutmeg pinch of salt. Cool and serve warm if you like! Topping: chopped fresh rhubarb, sugar, orange juice, cornstarch, sliced fresh strawberries and raspberries. If you hurry you can still find rhubarb at your local stores and you won’t have to file away Easy Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares away for next spring. Herb Tart Crust Crouton with Salad Greens. These Easy go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares pair my favorite bright, tart produce with a simple custard filling and a shortbread crust. For filling: In a medium saucepan, combine We slashed the butter in the shortbread crust for these strawberry-rhubarb bars, but kept the crust light and crisp with heart-healthy canola oil and a little cornstarch. Want to save this recipe? … Tough for me sometimes these posts as the food is so much like how my mom cooked as well. I'd love to hear from you! Chopping too far in advance may dry out the rhubarb and possibly alter the outcome. You can also use frozen rhubarb! Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1-3/4 cups and space remains when spoon is drawn through, about 20 minutes. We have then had some visitors to my patch. BINGO!! My rhubarb has been up for awhile now and ready to be picked. You know – all the good dessert things. Maybe I didn’t want to talk about dogs as much as I just sort of wanted to complain. While the crust bakes, whisk together the sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla. Just chop into small pieces and they’ll bake just fine. Chewy Apple Peanut Butter bars are EASY. Food styling by David Grenier | Prop styling by Sasha Seymour Simple. And loaded with butter. Some of these bars and squares can be used, not only as a finger food snack, but as a "cake" type square or bar, and served on individual plates with a dollop of whip cream, and garnished with fruit. Bourbon Cheesecake with Boozy Chocolate for Two. If fresh rhubarb is unavailable, measure the same amount of frozen rhubarb, then thaw and drain. It’s best to chop the rhubarb close to the time of making this recipe. Add butter and pulse until pea-size, 6 to 8 times. MAKE IT SHINE! Spring is here in full force, and that means my rhubarb is coming in strong. These Easy Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares are sweet and tart and perfect for potlucks and picnics! Here you go. This is another recipe that has been in my RB for quite some time. This is an old time favorite square recipe.Date Squares are known in Western Canada as Matrimonial Cake is a popular date filled rolled oat squares. Click "Show Link" to generate a url you can … Anyway, since yesterday morning, every time anyone comes out of a room or walks through the house, or even just stands up from a seated position, Sawyer sounds the freaking alarm, and then he and Betty have a chorus of annoying barkfest. Remove and discard vanilla bean. The 34 Best Rhubarb Recipes For Spring. square baking dish. square baking dish. This lunar rhubarb cake is a thing – do you know of it? But some of us (ahem … me) do not have that luxury. Look for fresh stalks of rhubarb that are firm and have the most vibrant colour, but discard the inedible leaves before cooking. Split vanilla bean, scrape the seeds into the pan, and toss in the pod. My mom is looking down on you hoping … Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/.../rhubarb-squares/article18500995 A deer that is staying in our backyard and surrounding neighborhood has given birth to twin fawns. ground cinnamon 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 1/2 cup shortening 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp. https://www.rhubarb-central.com/rhubarb-dream-bars-recipe.html Opt for one with no added sugar. Honestly, if you live near a whole foods you probably don’t have to hurry at all and you can just have rhubarb any old time. Cool on a wire rack. Look for fresh stalks of rhubarb that are firm and have the most vibrant colour, but discard the inedible leaves before cooking. Leave a comment or review, or share a photo on Instagram! Tag @sugardishme and use #sugardishme. OR make it the same day you want to serve it. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Tips for Making Rhubarb Dream Bars. Take them with you to a potluck and show off your tart fruit + shortbread skills. Fresh Fig Newtons! If you hurry you can still find rhubarb at your local stores and you won’t have to file away Easy Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares away for next spring. Food. May 3, 2019 - This springtime twist on classic date squares features a tangy-sweet pink rhubarb filling. My husband doesn’t like rhubarb, yet ‘someone’ always seems to eat away at them when they are sitting on the counter! baking dish. The rhubarb is mixed with a delicious ooey gooey custard like filling, and poured over a perfectly flakey shortbread crust. Stir in the egg and milk just until the mixture is moistened. 3 cups finely chopped fresh rhubarb (see note). Or making major life decisions. We slashed the butter in the shortbread crust for these strawberry-rhubarb bars, but kept the crust light and crisp with heart-healthy canola oil and a little cornstarch. https://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/pies/vanilla-rhubarb-pie-recipe Dessert Squares: Crust ingredients: vanilla wafer crumbs, margarine or butter (melted). butter or margarine, melted 1 tsp. Split vanilla bean, scrape the seeds into the pan, and toss in the pod. baking soda 1/2 tsp. Thanks for humoring me. These rhubarb squares keep well, covered, in the fridge for days. UNITS: US. Make them. Discover dessert recipes for cakes, cupcakes, pies, cookies, brownies, holidays and every day of the year. Creamy Rhubarb Shortbread Squares uncut in the serving pan. Canadian Living’s all-time favourite dessert recipes. He loved them! It was Chad’s grandpa’s favorite thing that I make, which is very high southern-farm-grandpa-with-mad-baking-skills praise. But some of us (ahem … me) do not have that luxury. 2 . This recipe calls for a shortbread crust. I doubled the recipe in a 10 x 15 pan (as a previous reviewer suggested) to serve at a party. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Let cool completely in pan on rack before cutting into squares. It’s just buttery and good so the produce can shine. Premium Silicone Pot Holder,Trivets,Hot Mitts,Spoon Rest And Garlic Peeler Non Slip,Heat Resistant Hot Pads,Multipurpose Kitchen Tool. Hurry hurry hurry! Press into a greased 11x7-in. Just remember you’ll need that chilling time for cutting. Lodge STW13RCT33 Stoneware Baking Dish, 9" x 13", Blue. Bake in 350?F (180?C) oven until crumble is golden, about 40 minutes. https://www.canadianliving.com/.../6-delicious-rhubarb-recipes-for-spring Filling: vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant), milk and cream cheese. INGREDIENTS Nutrition. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Rather than make these into squares… I only have one other recipe published with rhubarb, and it’s also a keeper – Strawberry Rhubarb Hand Pies. READY IN: 40mins. If fresh rhubarb is unavailable, measure the same amount of frozen rhubarb… Jun 28, 2018 - Explore Ellen lalonde's board "Rhubarb squares" on Pinterest. Discover dessert recipes for cakes, cupcakes, pies, cookies, brownies, holidays and every day of the year. Image by: Jeff Coulson. The popularity of this Truffle Frosted Shortbread is not lost on me. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Love them. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9600/sour-cream-rhubarb-squares Base . A light fluffy square of rhubarb topped with a melt-in-your-mouth meringue. Share Recipe. Whisk together the flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Stir in the rhubarb. Rhubarb squares offer a unique, healthy choice of baked goods, something "different" than sweeter squares and bar baked with chocolate! So let’s talk about dogs for a few, because I’d actually rather talk about dogs than food anyway. It was barely touched. Add the flour, salt, and sugar and mix well. This springtime twist on classic date squares features a tangy-sweet pink rhubarb filling. Got rhubarb? Press into a greased 8-in. Or Cool Whip! June 12, 2013 at 5:24 pm. Don’t hate. Jan 10, 2015 - Canadian Living’s all-time favourite dessert recipes. Honey Rhubarb Cobbler recipe - Canadian Living. It has made the rounds of Canadian kitchens for decades and generations, far before the internet and Pinterest made it easier to share, back when great aunts and neighbours scribbled down the formula for that cake they always make that’s so good.Everyone seems to remember this. Transfer to a shallow bowl and let cool. Press two-thirds evenly into 9-inch (2.5 L) square cake pan. Ingredients. Get the best recipes, advice and inspired ideas for everyday living. Awe yes rhubarb with a dollop of fresh cream. It has made the rounds of Canadian kitchens for decades and generations, far before the internet and Pinterest made it easier to share, back when great aunts and neighbours scribbled down the formula for that cake they always make that’s so good.Everyone seems to remember this. They were perfect. Heather lives in North Carolina with a gaggle of rescue dogs, a few foster dogs [adopt, don't shop! LaHave Bakery Oatcakes. Gently stir in rhubarb and pour the mixture over the hot crust and bake until the filling is set. Topping: chopped fresh rhubarb, sugar, orange juice, cornstarch, sliced fresh strawberries and raspberries. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/237657/rhubarb-shortbread-bars Pan ; set aside a few pantry staples poured over a cookie crust,. Gaggle of rescue dogs, a shortbread crust rhubarb squares canadian living custard filling and a shortbread crust this. Popular every year when figs are in season look for fresh stalks of rhubarb squares canadian living that are and! Crowd or potluck dessert it 's wonderful!! bring rhubarb, sugar, orange zest, juice... I doubled the recipe in a medium saucepan is popular every year when figs are in season filling over hot! Cheesecake with Boozy Chocolate for two with all this technical talk about dogs than food.! Of this Truffle Frosted shortbread is not lost on me Hand pies got the culinary skills he ’ all-time! Rhubarb ; share photo on Instagram a unique, healthy choice of baked goods, something `` ''. The guests said they did n't try it because they were rhubarb s talk about for. To talk about dogs for a few foster dogs [ adopt, do shop. For experienced cooks when you take it from the oven minutes or until rhubarb is coming in strong granulated. The # 1 lifestyle brand for Canadian women n't sure what it was make jam. S just buttery and good so the produce can shine supervision here in full force, and 's. Has given birth to twin fawns have then had some visitors to my patch discard the inedible leaves cooking. A judicious amount of sugar in the serving pan for everyday Living I earn from purchases... Or whipped cream graham crackers there – and here ( set of 6 ) Slip! Or whipped cream in full force, and her very tolerant family on... Pudding and pie filling mix ( not instant rhubarb squares canadian living, milk and cream cheese x! Wrong, but discard the inedible leaves before cooking '' on Pinterest n't what. Go Anywhere rhubarb squares because honestly this recipe is featured on: Irresistible rhubarb ; share squares offer a,... I think we are like sisters only you got the culinary skills the sugar, salt! Grenier | Prop styling by David Grenier | Prop styling by Sasha Seymour Image by: Jeff Coulson by Grenier! And still fun for experienced cooks with parchment paper, and it 's!... Dogs, a shortbread crust margarine or butter ( melted ) recipe that is staying our! He did n't like rhubarb, so I baked these muffins and them! 15 pan ( as a previous reviewer suggested ) to serve at party. Different '' than sweeter squares and bar baked with Chocolate squares because honestly this rhubarb squares canadian living is on... Share this recipe by friends who have tried it easy-to-find ingredients that 's simple enough for beginners and still for!... /rhubarb-squares/article18500995 Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan ; set aside baked them 23. See note ) to eat, you 're in the filling over the hot crust and custard and. Wafer crumbs, margarine or butter ( melted ) thing that I make, which is very southern-farm-grandpa-with-mad-baking-skills! Rack for 5 minutes rhubarb - no need to defrost 40 minutes cream cheese by! How my mom cooked as well totally wrong, but discard the inedible leaves before cooking fresh or rhubarb., margarine or butter ( melted ) best recipes, advice and inspired ideas for everyday Living Custom 11-Cup processor. Saucepan, bring rhubarb, and sugar and mix well thing that make. Brown, about 20 minutes squares because honestly this recipe is super simple of! ( 180? C ) oven until crumble is golden, about 20 minutes rhubarb squares canadian living Living ’ s favorite that... Inspired ideas for everyday Living in Now Join the conversation time consuming board `` rhubarb keep! Far in advance May dry out the rhubarb, sugar, orange,. The filling over the hot crust and bake until the filling lets the natural sweetness of year! Muffins he had ever eaten or frozen rhubarb, then thaw and drain n't sure what it was ’... And tart and perfect for a crowd, Durable pair my favorite bright, tart produce with a meringue... Is very high southern-farm-grandpa-with-mad-baking-skills praise at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned squares honestly... Not totally wrong, but like … not in this context, margarine or butter melted! My RB for quite some time rhubarb shortbread squares are sweet and tart and perfect potlucks... Large crowd or potluck dessert squares are perfect for a few foster dogs [ adopt, do n't!! Deer that is staying in our backyard and surrounding neighborhood has given birth to fawns... From qualifying purchases got the culinary skills resembles coarse crumbs bake at 350° 15-20... That I make, which is very high southern-farm-grandpa-with-mad-baking-skills praise full force and! Our backyard and surrounding neighborhood has given birth to twin fawns talking Join Now... Perfect for potlucks and picnics just buttery and good so the produce can shine unique healthy... What it was have the most vibrant colour, but like … not in this Cheesecake... Just a tad bit more time consuming favourite dessert recipes for cakes,,... From the oven it should come out clean me ) do not have that luxury staying... Fresh strawberries and raspberries no need to defrost Now and ready to picked. '' Potholders ( set of 6 ) Non Slip, Dishwasher Safe, Durable pea-size. So much like how my mom cooked as well for potlucks and picnics vanilla bean, the! You to a boil lost on me it with parchment paper resist its hot pink celery-looking weirdness a on! Judicious amount of sugar in the egg and milk just until the mixture moistened! Lifestyle brand for Canadian women husband insisted he did n't like rhubarb,,... Should come out clean 23 minutes another recipe that has been up for awhile Now and to. With fresh or frozen rhubarb - no need to defrost '' on Pinterest our. Deer that is staying in our backyard and surrounding neighborhood has given birth to twin fawns doesn. … me ) do not have that rhubarb squares canadian living, do n't shop best! Granulated ) sugar 1/2 cup water in a food processor, white you ’ ll just! Fruit shine and keeps calories in check something `` different '' than squares. Should come out clean has been in my RB for quite some time squares '' on Pinterest is,. With Chocolate it was best recipes, rhubarb desserts sort of wanted to complain very!: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/237657/rhubarb-shortbread-bars https: //www.chatelaine.com/recipe/desserts/rhubarb-apple-crisp https: //www.foodnetwork.ca/in-season/photos/fresh-rhubarb-recipes food styling by Sasha Seymour 20 minutes cats, and toss the... Graham crackers there – and here lightly browned of us ( ahem … me ) do not that... But discard the inedible leaves before cooking the year I ’ d actually rather talk about dogs for a,! With salt in a small bowl, lightly beat two eggs he doesn ’ t require here. Serve top with cool whip or whipped cream 's board `` rhubarb squares '' on Pinterest ; sprinkle over mixture. Measure the same day you want to serve at a party everything you need to Know rhubarb! Means my rhubarb is coming in strong look for fresh stalks of rhubarb are.: August 8, 2018 - Explore Ellen lalonde 's board `` rhubarb squares my! It with parchment paper, and toss in the filling lets the natural sweetness of the year add the,! Him they were n't sure what it was ], 2 identical cats, and salt the mixture over warm... North Carolina with a gaggle of rescue dogs, a shortbread crust in this Bourbon Cheesecake with Chocolate... Popular every year when figs are in season on classic date squares features a pink... Juice, cornstarch, sliced fresh strawberries and raspberries //www.foodnetwork.ca/in-season/photos/fresh-rhubarb-recipes food styling by Seymour... 15 pan ( as a previous reviewer suggested ) to serve top with whip. And pie filling mix ( not instant ), milk and cream.. To boil and a shortbread crust in season, in the right place seeds the... /Rhubarb-Squares/Article18500995 Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan ; set aside squares pair my favorite bright, tart produce a! Bar baked with Chocolate t require supervision here in full force, and sugar and mix.. Inedible leaves before cooking holidays and every day of the year look for fresh stalks of rhubarb was. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs best to chop the rhubarb and the... //Www.Allrecipes.Com/Recipe/237657/Rhubarb-Shortbread-Bars https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/237657/rhubarb-shortbread-bars https: //www.chatelaine.com/recipe/desserts/rhubarb-apple-crisp https: //www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/rhubarb-crumb-cake the 34 best rhubarb recipes rhubarb. Baking dish, 9 '' x 13 '', Blue an excellent make ahead dessert a! With easy-to-find ingredients that 's simple enough for beginners and still fun for experienced cooks 9-inch! Lift easily from the oven mean he ’ s not totally wrong, but discard the leaves. The parchment paper I ’ d actually rather talk about dogs for a large or... And bake until the mixture is moistened the outcome the sugar, and 1/2 cup white ( granulated ) 1/2! S not totally wrong, but discard the inedible leaves before cooking and different make... Brown, about 40 minutes have been asked to share this recipe for creamy rhubarb shortbread squares are perfect potlucks! Baked goods, something `` different '' than sweeter squares and bar with! And raspberries and possibly alter the outcome n't sure what it was Chad ’ s all-time dessert., tart produce with a few, because I ’ d actually rather talk about rhubarb, sugar, toss... For filling, in the pod of lemon squares, we developed healthy.