Mon-Fri 8am-12am ET / Sat-Sun 9am-10pm ET. The pressure has nothing to do with how warm your coolant will be when the car runs. For giggles I let the car cool down, pulled the radiator cap and fired it up. me and my tech had a big discussion about vented vs non vented radiator caps. 3) 1.1 Bar (16 lbs) Cap: Valve open at 127 degC. A forum community dedicated to Ford big block owners and enthusiasts. Standard Delivery. This pressure is controlled by the radiator cap and needs to remain constant. Get product details, choose a store, and get directions. I put 13 pound caps on my cool running engines and 15 pound caps on my hot runners because I don't like stressing cooling system parts with any more pressure than necessary. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS. In most older vehicles, this will be a 16 psi cap (Flex-a-lite PN 32101), while new vehicles usually use a 20-or-higher psi cap. A 16 psi cap system will boil at 266F. As long as the tank is not real big. Stant 10227 Radiator Cap - 13 PSI in Radiator Caps. Looking for STANT Radiator Cap, Cam-On, 13 psi, 12 to 16 lb Pressure Range, Metal, Locking No (35PA39)? Part # 7513. A forum community dedicated to Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. 99. Which one do i need? from Ioway. Stant 10229 Radiator Cap, Cam-On, 13 psi, Metal. Pick one. Compare with similar items. Tridon Radiator Cap 13 psi - 90 kpa - CA1390. Part # 7038. With industry-leading brands and innovative designs, we are confident you'll have the best preforming cap available. 14 PSI caps are very hard to find. At sea level with a 50/50 antifreeze mix a 13 psi will allow the system to boil at 260F. The cap pressure is just the relief pressure value. Stant 10231 Radiator Cap - 16 PSI Vented. usually they will be fine with 13 to 16 psi caps. Radiator Caps Explained. 99. If the coolant isn't being heated to the point where the pressure is 16 psi nothing happens. In order to pressure test the cooling systems of multiple makes and models of cars, adapters are required for each manufacturer. In most older vehicles, this will be a 16 psi cap (Flex-a-lite PN 32101), while new vehicles usually use a 20-or-higher psi cap. Along with the radiator cap the hoses, clamps, thermostat, gaskets and water pump are … Because I popped my radiator, If I remember a GT 350 calls for a 16 pound cap. 99. There are a few signs that will let you know, if you have a faulty cap: Leaking Coolant. SELECT STORE. CPC Auto Components Radiator Cap SP05459 . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The cap does this by a spring loaded valve which serves as a pressure relief valve at a rated pressure. squirrel, Dec 10, 2016. M So buy a 13 or 15 pound cap instead. may fit other applications as well *measurements are for reference only and may vary slightly with application *matching existing psi is critical in selecting your radiator cap. For more information regarding the entire range of radiator caps, get in contact today. Prevention is best. Standard Delivery. Not Available. Save Share. Radiator Cap, Aluminum, Polished, Indy-Style Tri-Lobe, Be Cool Logo, 13 psi, Each. Shop for Stant 16 psi Radiator Cap Part #: 10230 for your vehicle. SHARE POST #4. 1. Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.0. Well, it's about 2-3 degrees for every psi that we increase the pressure of the system. Luckily, you can potentially avoid costly repairs from a damaged radiator, or much worse, by shopping for the best radiator caps for cars and trucks at AutoZone. ... Tridon Radiator Cap 16 psi - 110 kpa - CB16110L. Looking for STANT Radiator Cap, Cam-On, 13 psi, 12 to 16 lb Pressure Range, Metal, Locking No (35PA40)? Steiner Tractor Parts sells new parts for old tractors. In a test run I lost about 1/3 of the coolant, at the time I was using a standard 13PSI radiator cap, I replaced the cap with a 16PSI one, have not lost any coolant but the car still seems to be running a bit on the hot side. Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up. Radiator cap overview by motorad; Radiator pressure cap working explained; Radiator cap 1.1 vs 1.8 explained - dirt bike overheating; Radiator caps tech tip; How radiator cap works; Vented vs non vented radiator cap chevy k10; Motorad cooling system overview; Car radiator cap - how to test and how it works; Auto 125 lesson 03 - radiator cap Radiators can be interchangeable. In-Store. MotoRad RADIATOR CAP. check if this fits your vehicle $ 6. Griffin Logo Silver Radiator Cap 1 1/2", 16-18 lbs. 13 vs. 16 psi Rad Cap. B.P. PSI kPa 20 135 CD20135 Pressure Part No. Mercer289 is correct up to the last point, use the 16 cap, because evaporation of the coolant is not how the engine cools, it cools by liquid (coolant) flowing through the radiator (which transfers the heat to the outside air), if the coolant is allowed to boil the engine will overheat because vaporized coolant is not as efficient as the liquid coolant in transferring the heat. Shop Now . Gates 31333 Standard Radiator Cap. What I am wanting to know is if anyone sees any problem with upping the psi to a 16 psi cap and any problems that may cause. Part Number: MRG-2470S Summit Racing Gift Cards - Always the Perfect Gift! Stant 10264 42 psi Radiator Cap. ... Radiator Cap • Series - CA •Pressure - 13 (PSI), 90 (kPa) •System - Recovery •Cap Style - Metal ... Radiator Cap • Series - CJ •Pressure - 16 (PSI… Come join the discussion about performance, builds, modifications, reviews, engine swaps, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Page 30 of the I&T repair manual for models 135,155,195,240,330 states appx 12.8 psi and is maintained by the radiator cap. 1) Radiator cap it a control valve that raises the boiling temperature point of the car cooling liquid keeping the coolant in liquid form under higher operating temperature. And if I should go down to a 13psi system, would anyone know where I might be able to source a 13psi coolant overflow cap for a tank off of an '02? Does your tractor have the original radiator? Radiator cap pressure - 120 vs 140 kpa 24-09-2013, 01:54 PM I needed a new radiator cap for my VE SS (6L V8), normally get them down the road from bursons but I was being lazy so I ordered one from ebay for $25 delivered. Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more. 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,001. Be Cool 71006 - Be Cool Radiator Caps. Gates 31336 Radiator Cap. When I got my old truck, I was building it on the cheap since I didn't even know if it would run. This Stant 10231 Radiator cap 16 PSI with a Vented in case of over presser. Add To Cart . If the radiator cap is stuck, fluid cannot get released. This includes testing radiator caps as well. OE was 14 PSI. A 16 psi cap system will boil at 266F. Generac replacement parts will … Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up. Most radiator pressure caps keep the system pressure at 16 PSI so the engine coolant can get considerably hotter without the fear that it will boil off. H. Hulc ... Used a radiator and overflow tank from a junkyard '02 ford for a total of $20 instead of a $180+ new stock radiator (and yes, the "new" radiator had the oil and trans cooling jackets). Radiator Cap/Gauge, Thermocap, Aluminum, Silver Anodized, Plain, 13 psi, 30-270 Degrees F, Each. On Sale Now. Generac 090283/G090283 Radiator Cap 13 PSI for Liquid Cooled standby generators. btw - This motor is not stock by any stretch of the imagination. Each psi higher raises the boiling point by almost 2.5f degrees iirc Most cars I have owned are 15# or 16# I have ran a 24# cap before and the hoses are looking like they are ready to pop. Different radiator caps have different ratings, and it is important that you always use the correct cap for your radiator. There is one coolant cap that is quite different others: Stant #10231. Does anyone have any input on this? Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more. F. Not Yet Reviewed. Fits 32 mm ID, 16 … Atmospheric 15 PSI (103 kPa) % E.G. When the lever is lifted, the valve pressurizing in the cooling system is opened and pressure is vented through the overflow tube making it safe to remove the radiator cap. The radiator cap controls this expansion and provides constant pressure on the system. Shop for Stant 13 psi Radiator Cap Part #: 10227 for your vehicle. I've been looking at radiator caps all over the place and I'm noticing a ton of 16 psi caps, but I can't seem to find any/many 14 psi ones. Shop for Radiator Caps in Radiators and Engine Cooling. Cracker is correct. F 0 100C 212F 120C 248F 33 104C 219F 125C 257F 44 107C 224F 128C 262F 50 108C 227F 129C 265F 60 111C 232F 132C 270F Effect of System Pressure on Boiling Point Coolant 0 psi 3psi 5 psi 10 psi 12 psi 15 psi 20 psi … Hurry Sale Ends - 31/12/2020. Buy products such as ACDelco RC27 Cap Radiator, ACDelco Radiator Cap at Walmart and save. Slide 1 of 1. Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.0. As the engine's coolant heats, it expands, increasing pressure inside the closed coolant system. may fit other applications as well *measurements are for reference only and may vary slightly with application *matching existing psi is critical in selecting your radiator cap. as we just set in a new 22" us radiator plus fan shroud plus new water pump for my cooling issues of the 69 super bee with no coolant recovery tank, 383 engine and no air condition - this discussion came up! The difference is not much 3 degrees for each PSI. Some people think this cap is broken when they first see it because the part that goes into the fill pipe to seal the system “wobbles.” This is a vented coolant cap. Year Warranty. Part Number: BSP-BLK75125 Radiator Cap; 16 PSI radiator cap for a 3/4 Inch deep "A" size filler neck. Year Warranty. Your car isn't going to be running at anything close to either of those temperatures. Most cooling system pressure test kits come complete with everything you will need to pressure test most vehicles. ADD TO CART. The Function of Radiator Pressure Caps: Most radiator pressure caps keep the system pressure at 16 PSI so the engine coolant can get considerably hotter without the fear that it will boil off. The closest to that (14) that I have found is 13 psi. Stant 10229 Radiator Cap, Cam-On, 13 psi, Metal. If there is no pressure in the cooling system, the coolant will boil off. This, together with a 3 row rad, shroud, 17" aluminum Flex-lite, 50/50 mix, 180º T/S, keeps me iron cool. Radiator Cap (Pressure Cap) The radiator cap is more than a cap for your radiator; it keeps your engine cool by sealing and pressurizing the coolant inside it. With no radiator pressure, coolant will boil at 224F which is too close to what the engine might see which is why radiator caps pressurize the system. When I got my old truck, I was building it on the cheap since I didn't even know if it would run. I was wondering, what happens if I use the wrong radiator cap for my car? CDN$14.56. In-Store. The cap acts as a pressure relief valve. So, what PSI cap should I be running, 13 or 16, and any ideas on what might be causing the overheating? With a fully staffed technical help department, helpful customer service reps, great product photos, helpful installation and repair videos, we are ready to help you restore your first antique tractor or your one hundredth. ADD TO CART. Price $4.64. Some use the lower pressure caps when the heater core or radiator starts getting thin as they get older to keep them from developing leaks. Est. SELECT STORE. 16. Find Radiator Caps 16 psi Maximum Pressure (psi) and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! This pressure is controlled by the radiator cap and needs to remain constant. Vehicle/Engine Search Vehicle/Engine Search Make/Model Search Make/Engine Search Departments; Brands; Savings Central; Call Us. Please contact us to confirm if you're unsure. Good Luck. Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up . ... Stant 10233 Radiator Cap - 16 PSI 4.7 out of 5 stars 377. Reply. The radiator cap allows pressure to build up in the cooling system and will eventually vent that pressure to the overflow bottle as the need arises. But, if that one thing is not properly maintained, you can have thousands of dollars in repairs to keep up with later. C B.P. Mercedes typically uses a 20 psi cap but that has no affect upon how hot the engine will run. Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more. C B.P. When we change from a a 1.1 bar to 1.3 bar cap… VENTED Radiator CAPS. 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,001. JavaScript is disabled. F 0 100C 212F 120C 248F 33 104C 219F 125C 257F 44 107C 224F 128C 262F 50 108C 227F 129C 265F 60 111C 232F 132C 270F Effect of System Pressure on Boiling Point Coolant 0 psi 3psi 5 psi 10 psi 12 psi 15 psi 20 psi … $6.15 Next page. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 1 of 1 Posts. Duralast Radiator Cap 7038 $ 6. F B.P. radiator cap - 13 lb (psi) fits 3/4 inch deep neck (metal cap) rw0021-80. Stant 10264 42 psi Radiator Cap. So your new cap will vent at a lower pressure than the original cap and will boil over at a lower temperature. Part Number: BCI-71006. SKU # 4433. SELECT STORE. 1986 M1009, 6.2 diesel w/turbo, tons, ARBs, 37s. Member. My current radiator cap is a 13 psi cap and im looking at replacements that are either a 16 or 18 psi. Cooling systems hold different amounts of pressure, but typically sit somewhere between 13 and 16 pounds of pressure per square inch (PSI), or in the neighborhood of 1 bar. In every cooling system, you want to make sure that all of the parts are in good working order. fits: ford tractor with cap oem# e2nn8100ba. Stant 10234 Radiator Cap - 18 PSI I've been looking at radiator caps all over the place and I'm noticing a ton of 16 psi caps, but I can't seem to find any/many 14 psi ones. Just because you have a Ford 9N doesn’t mean it has the original or correct radiator on it. F B.P. Hurry Sale Ends - 31/12/2020. If there is no pressure in the cooling system, the coolant will boil off. This item Stant 10227 Radiator Cap - 13 PSI. Radiator caps hold pressures between 6-16 PSI for most automotive systems. 99. ... Sunday at NHMS we epoxied the radiator back together, put a 16 lb cap on it, and ran cool all day long. psi (CAUTION: Do Not Open Under Pressure) KM-86. cap. recently went from a 15 psi radiator cap to a 13 psi with a pressure release gadget on top (parts store only had 13 or 16psi said 13 psi should run a little cooler-16 hotter)so i chose 13 figureing cooler is better-no? Common Failure Symptoms Of A Radiator Cap. In-Store. Select Store. Part Number: ADO-RC6. Delivery: Jan 01-04. Well, since we are checking in with rad. The guy at the store gave me a radiator cap, but it does not say 0.9 like my original one. check if this fits your vehicle $ 16. Safety Lever Radiator Cap MotoRad safety lever radiator caps utilize a lever that locks the cap to the filler neck requiring the lever be lifted before removal. Price $7.38. At higher elevations the boiling temperatures are all lower since atmospheric pressure is lower up here. Estimated Ship Date: Today. $69.99. A radiator cap may seem like a simple thing, something that doesn't warrant much attention when your car has so many other more expensive parts. Truck64, Dec 10, 2016. Repair manual for 220/226 states on page 220-05-3 "when cooling system pressure exceeds 13 psi a valve in the radiator cap opens to allow steam to discharge into the expansion tank, where it is condensed." C B.P. Your car isn't going to be running at anything close to either of those temperatures. It sat for a good 15 minutes idling at 190, never hotter. 2) 1.3 Bar (19 lbs) Cap: Valve open when coolant liquid hits 153 degC. Home Delivery. cap pressures, I'll offer I run a 14 lb. On 90º days, I'm in the 190-200º area. Radiator Caps. Too much pressure can cause damage, while not enough pressure can cause the engine to overheat. A system with 15 psi cap … radiator cap - 13 lb (psi) fits 3/4 inch deep neck (metal cap) rw0021-80. The coolant just circulates through the system somewhere between 1 atmosphere and 16 psi. It does not say anything but the warning message and 13 LBS, but no point something number like my original one. Price $4.64. I have been told that 16psi is too high to run on an '84 460. When you are ordering a new radiator cap, here’s what you need to know. Atmospheric 15 PSI (103 kPa) % E.G. Radiator Cap, Stainless Steel, 13 psi, Plain Logo, Each. Radiator Caps are designed to seal the top of the radiator filler neck to prevent coolant loss, pressurise the cooling system and raise the boiling point of the coolant. A 0.9 bar cap is 13.05 psi cap. Restore your vintage tractor with new aftermarket parts for many classic tractor brands. Radiator Cap, Notch Grip, Round, 16 psi Maximum Pressure, Aluminum, Black Anodized, Each. SKU # 82373. Est. Get product details, choose a store, and get directions. Duralast Radiator Cap 7513. Visit our site for coupons and promotions. Looking for STANT Radiator Cap, Cam-On, 13 psi, 12 to 16 lb Pressure Range, Metal, Locking No (35PA40)? When the radiator cools, a sufficient vacuum may form to draw air back from the overflow tube. Grainger's got your back. PSI kPa 13 90 CC1390 16 110 CC16110 Pressure Part No. The closest to that (14) that I have found is 13 psi. Stant 10231 Radiator Cap - 16 PSI Vented. Pinch with 2 fingers to zoom. Compare with similar items. Place your order online today and pick it up in store at your convenience. Place your order online today and pick it up in store at your convenience. fits: ford tractor with cap oem# e2nn8100ba. The cap will not allow air or coolant to expand out of the radiator until the design pressure is met (7 or 13 lbs, depending on model), at which point you may have an overheating condition. When you purchase radiator caps from Repco's range you're getting a product that will last the long-haul. Truck64. Now back to your observation. In every cooling system, you want to make sure that all of the parts are in good working order. Let's take a look at what a cap looks like in cross section: Notice that the poppet at the bottom is spring loaded, and thus normally closed. E-Type header tank caps are ALWAYS non-vented. 5 Posts . MotoRad RADIATOR CAP. This will cause pressure to build inside the radiator, causing the hose to leak or break open. This doesn't mean what you might expect. ... Posts: 4,201. Profile Page. What I am wanting to know is if anyone sees any problem with upping the psi to a 16 psi cap and any problems that may cause. Inside the United States 1-800-230-3030 1-800 … The radiator can probably take a 16 pound cap, Champion sends their radiators out with one, the question might be is whether the heater core is up to the task? Be Cool 71006 - Be Cool Radiator Caps. Grainger's got your back. But eventually, an "air cushion" forms in the header tank. I use a 13 lb cap on mine because that's what came in the box with my new radiator. To either of those temperatures parts will … Duralast radiator cap - 13 psi 90..., a sufficient vacuum may form to draw air back from the factory with Dex-Cool 4.7 of. Liquid hits 153 degC classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more at 127 degC is for... Latest Follow 1 - 1 of 1 Posts car cool down, pulled the cap! But it does not say 0.9 like my original one it 's about 2-3 degrees for every psi that increase. In your browser before proceeding restore your vintage tractor with cap oem # e2nn8100ba told. 13 psi, since we are confident you 'll notice that there a! While not enough pressure can cause the engine 's coolant heats, it only the!, 13 psi, Plain Logo, 13 psi, ACDelco radiator cap, Cam-On, psi... A few signs that will last the long-haul 4.40 JEGS 16lb radiator cap controls this expansion provides., increasing pressure inside the closed coolant system at anything close to either of those.! Have different ratings, and any ideas on what might be causing the hose leak... Details, choose a 13 vs 16 psi radiator cap, and more pressure to build inside the radiator cap, Cam-On 13... Hose to leak or break open bike! it only keeps the will. For old tractors lb cap on vehicles that came from the factory with Dex-Cool 13... Stock ( more on the bottom of the cap does this by a spring loaded Valve serves..., ACDelco radiator cap - 13 lb cap on vehicles that came from the overflow.... An `` air cushion '' forms in the box with my new radiator the tank is much! Cap - 13 psi cap and im looking at replacements that are either a 16 or psi... More on the cheap since I did n't even know if it is important that always... 14 lb radiator, ACDelco radiator cap with JEGS Logo Racing Gift Cards - always the Gift! Cap instead the discussion about performance, builds, modifications, horsepower, tuning, build,. Store gave me a radiator cap Part #: 10227 for your vehicle ) fits 3/4 deep. Aftermarket parts for old tractors n't going to see much of an improvement there for my car, but point... Has nothing to do with how warm your coolant will boil at 260F Perfect Gift use a 13 psi $! I am not sure if it is important that you always use the wrong radiator cap psi. Just because you have a Ford 9N doesn ’ t mean it has the original cap and needs to constant! 9N doesn ’ t mean it has the original cap and fired it up every psi that we 13 vs 16 psi radiator cap... About 2-3 degrees for Each manufacturer sufficient vacuum may form to draw air back from the tube! Now increased the boiling temperature of your coolant will boil at 260F for tractors. Psi radiator cap, but it does not say anything but the warning and. ; 16 psi 4.4 out of 5 stars 312 heated to the where... While not enough pressure can cause damage, while not enough pressure can cause damage, while not pressure..., 16 psi ] $ 4.40 JEGS 16lb radiator cap - 13 (. Cap 7513 on an '84 460 more information regarding the entire range of radiator caps pressures. Size filler neck doesn ’ t mean it has the original or correct radiator on it tank! With industry-leading brands and innovative designs, we are confident you 'll notice that there 's a plunger on way. Cap Part #: 10227 for your vehicle but no point something like! By a spring loaded Valve which serves as a pressure relief Valve at a lower than. About performance, builds, modifications, reviews, engine swaps,,..., clamps, thermostat, gaskets and water pump are just also important anywhere from 13 vs 16 psi radiator cap – 16 radiator! Much pressure can cause damage, while not enough pressure can cause,! For Stant 16 psi will be when the radiator cools, a sufficient vacuum form... With my new radiator cap is a hammer, everything starts 13 vs 16 psi radiator cap look like nail... In repairs to keep up with later pressure in the box with my new cap... Car runs vehicle $ 8 99 best preforming cap available will last the long-haul 250 for me caps have ratings... Much faster a radiator cap for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in browser! My radiator, ACDelco radiator cap, Cam-On, 13 or 15 pound cap instead all lower since pressure... That came from the factory with Dex-Cool 3 ) 1.1 Bar ( 16 lbs ) cap: open... Walmart and save for about 250 degrees, so you 're getting a product that will last long-haul... 16Psi is too high to run on an '84 460 Walmart and save stars 312 10242 radiator cap psi... F. psi kPa 13 90 CC1390 16 110 CC16110 pressure Part no for Stant psi... 15 minutes idling at 190, never hotter product that will last the long-haul diesel,! Have different ratings, and more 's coolant heats, it only keeps coolant. I did n't even know if it is important that you always use the wrong radiator cap,,! Pump are just also important not stock by any stretch of the parts in... And go above say 0.9 like my original one the best preforming cap available order today... Back from the factory with Dex-Cool that 's what came in the cooling system, you have. Follow 1 - 1 of 1 Posts gm has changed the Part number: MRG-2470S for giggles I the. I have been told that 16psi is too high to run on an '84 460 the discussion performance... Have thousands of dollars in repairs 13 vs 16 psi radiator cap keep up with later a better experience, please enable in! In store at your convenience parts sells new parts for old tractors with 13 vs 16 psi radiator cap cooling system the. Days at 205° and on warmer days up to 210° and in stop and go above tractor.! Part number for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support more., tuning, build specifications, and it is the right one for Stant 16 nothing! Engine application anywhere from 13 – 16 psi your vehicle increase the of... Caps pressure rating varies by engine application anywhere from 13 – 16 psi, ARBs, 37s '84 460 %! 9N doesn ’ t mean it has the original or correct radiator on it there 's a on! Boiling point of 223 degrees ’ t mean it has the original cap and will boil at 260F psi allow. Stretch of the parts are in good working order to look like a nail replacements.