This is because Drivewear is a polarized lens and therefore must be on the 180° axis line at all times. Do you know which lenses are in your glasses? Color changes from light amber to dark brown red. OUR BEST LENSES FOR BEHIND THE WHEEL. Buying transitions drivewear lenses online and enhancing your visual acuity, colour contrast, visual comfort and also blocking out 100% of harmful UVA and UVB light is as simple as adding it to your lens options when choosing your lenses and all of our frames and glasses are available with transitions drivewear lenses. They have 100% UV protection and are perfect for driving, sports, or other outdoor uses. Find out how these lenses are specifically designed to continually adapt for different driving scenarios. Transitions Drivewear lenses provide glare protection through polarization and enhance and protect vision through photochromics which respond to both visible and UV light. Drivewear. Because Drivewear lenses are activated by visible light as well as UV light, they can change color when you are behind the windshield of a car. It was developed with ophthalmologists and optometrists in the US, Drivewear combine two global leading technologies: Transitions® photochromic technology and NuPolar® polarization. Enjoy low warehouse prices on name-brands products delivered to your door. I don't know. Impact resistance: Resistant to impact so lenses will not shatter if dropped or if the wearer is hit in the face. If you prefer contact lenses, you can get these through Costco at a good price. Transitions Drivewear lenses are the first photochromic lenses to darken behind the windshield of a car, allowing Drivewear to change color based on current driving conditions in order to enhance the driver’s vision.In addition, Drivewear lenses are polarized to block blinding glare, another distinct advantage when driving a car. Costco Optical prides itself on having some of the most knowledgeable employees in the industry. It is available in multiple base curves in semi-finished single vision to … Each pair of eyeglasses must be for the same individual. BEHIND THE WINDSHIELD. They are tinted lenses that change from a light yellow to a darker auburn depending on the UV & incandescent light levels. The chain was noted for its follow-up service after the sale. Yes. Reading Time: 5 minutes We were invited by ZEISS to Berlin for the launch of DriveSafe, a new glasses lens optimised for drivers. Plus, Costco optical has a built-in eye doctor where you can get an affordable eye exam. Improve your vision, freedom and comfort with Costco's great selection of premium-brand, high-quality contact lenses. You can feel confident that you are receiving the best possible care when visiting the Costco Optical department. This summer, the folks at Transitions invited me to get a pair of their glasses and test them out. Most photochromic lenses react to UV light, however car windshields block nearly 100% of UV light. I would recommend these if you're a sports person like a golfer or biker who is in areas of shade and bright sun, you won't need to change glasses because the lenses … Add a sunglass anti-glare for the ultimate protection. Transitions ® Drivewear ® sun lenses with NuPolar ® polarization are the only polarized sun lenses that adapt to light behind the wheel and outdoors, helping remove glare off the road and car hood for a picture-perfect drive. They feature unique photochromic dyes that react to light in both the visible and invisible ranges, and also incorporate polarized filters, which make them ideal for driving at any time of the day. We make money through support from sponsors, advertisers and affiliate partners. I finally went to an independent optician and the improvement in my case with the higher quality and priced lens was immediately noticeable. By combining the strengths of two of the most important technologies in eyewear today we have developed the lens of tomorrow, Transitions Drivewear. Transitions® Drivewear® polarized lenses are designed for driving. DriveWear lenses are the first photochromic lenses to darken behind the windshield of a car, allowing DriveWear to change color based on current driving conditions in order to enhance the driver’s vision.In addition, DriveWear lenses are polarized to block blinding glare, … Costco lenses are older tech (from what I have read on various optometrists boards), but have great price-to-performance ratio. Shop online at Costco.com today! Drivewear lenses combine the Transitions and polarized technologies. At Costco, a pair of HD progressive lenses with anti-reflective coating and UV protection costs $130; at Walmart, the price is $255. And along with great prices, Costco Optical got high marks for great service from the Consumer Reports survey. They change a bit in the car. I wear them to play golf, and the contrast is fantastic." Our staff consists of trained opticians that are well regarded in the optical industry. Now I wear Drivewear to play baseball, and the lens protects my eyes from glare; I can really see a curve ball coming. Drivewear lenses self adjust with changing light conditions, helping to enhance visual performance and the driving experience by automatically changing their degree of darkness and color. Transitions® Drivewear® is the best driving lens on the market today. “What Essilor technology is included in Costco’s Kirkland’s progressive lenses?” Costco has been using Essilor technology, and lens designs for some time. To protect our employees and members all Costco employees, members and guests must wear a face covering that covers thatir mouth and nose at all times during their appointment. Drivewear continuously adapts to changing daylight conditions, reduces excess light, optimises colour contrast and is polarised to block blinding glare. As my prescription became stronger the more disappointed I was with Costco lenses. One of the unique and special attributes of Transitions Drivewear lenses is that they darken behind the windshield of a car because they have the ability to react to visible light as well as UV light.. This has been attributed to cheap materials being used on the lenses. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses are a lens with specialized optics that allow the driver to see better in poor light conditions, such as night time, fog and rain. Other light-reactive lenses cannot provide this function as car windshields have UV absorbers to protect the dashboard and the interior of a vehicle from the damaging effects of high energy UV rays. You can test the changingness of your lens by covering one of the lens in the dark, then exposing the lenses … Costco Optical offers the company’s famous discounts on reading glasses, sunglasses, and a wide range of prescription lenses, including transition and progressive lenses. Transitions Drivewear lenses are made from several impact resistant materials, including Trilogy Trivex and polycarbonate. But in my quest to find the best prescription eyeglass – my definition, designer frames and stylish for the cheapest price – I came across some shocking information. Then, fill your eyeglass or contact lens prescription on site. Costco lenses kind of ok by: Frank I had Costco lenses for a number of years when I was younger and was basically satisfied. DriveWear® lenses react to both UV and visible light conditions, so they will darken in sunny conditions, even when you’re situated behind a UV-treated windshield. Drivewear lenses self adjust with changing light conditions, helping to enhance visual performance and the driving experience by automatically changing their degree of darkness and color. Complete eyeglasses are considered new frame and lenses.Offer valid only at your local Costco warehouse. Drivewear® Lenses Activated by Transitions® Photochromic lenses darken to adapt to changing light conditions when exposed to UV rays, but car windshields include UV-blocking filters that prevent the lenses from changing—so standard photochromic lenses are not ideal for driving. It’s polarized lens and patented light filtration are designed to help you see the road more clearly. Lenses are one thing that I personally don't skimp out on, and I've noticed a difference between Costco lenses and higher end Essilor lenses (with Crizal AR) that I pay for every other year. I'll share my eyeglass hunting experience, with detailed price and lens information, in this article. I was a 'gray lens' person, with 90 percent of the lenses I dispensed being gray polarized. Plano Drivewear lenses are available only in finished single vision. Drivewear® lenses combine the technology of Transitions® lenses with the glare protection of polarized sunglass lenses in order to make a lens that responds well to both visible and UV light. In low light conditions, the lenses have a 50% tint in a green/yellow color. Drivewear are polarized photochromic lenses that are also never clear. Why the dearth of good, upfront information on Costco and LensCrafters eyeglass lenses online? Can I get Drivewear in finished single vision? Drivewear lenses provide glare protection through polarization and enhance and protect vision through photochromics which respond to both visible and UV light. Ms. Maxwell is equally positive about wearing Drivewear lenses indoors. If you have been prone to scratching your glasses in the past, Costco Optical may not be a good idea for you. ZEISS DriveSafe lenses combine an optimised lens design with a new coating to offer three benefits: improved detection of objects in low light conditions, a reduction in glare and, for progressive lenses , improvements in refocusing and field of vision. Recent Costco Optical reviews have mentioned frustration with lenses getting scratched easily. Drivewear is the world’s only sunglass lens that changes to three different colours and also darken and lighten to suit your outdoor conditions. Transitions ® Drivewear ®. You can test the changingness of your lens by covering one of the lens in the dark, then exposing the lenses … These lenses are great for all kinds of weather: In light or overcast conditions, the lenses are a green/yellow colour that provides high contrast and minimises glare. It changes from light to dark while driving as road conditions change. Transitions XTRActive Lenses Review. Transitions Drivewear lenses are made from lightweight materials such as Trilogy® Trivex® and polycarbonate. Shop Costco.ca for electronics, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances, jewellery and more. Impact so lenses will not shatter if dropped or if the wearer is hit in the face, the... Higher quality and priced lens was immediately noticeable getting scratched easily amber to brown. The strengths of two of the most important technologies in eyewear today we have developed lens... Strengths of two of the most important technologies in eyewear today we developed! Curves in semi-finished single vision to … Transitions® Drivewear® is the best possible care visiting. Local Costco warehouse was immediately noticeable are older tech ( from what I have read on various optometrists boards,... Well regarded in the face the road more clearly from lightweight materials such as Trilogy® Trivex® and polycarbonate support... Developed with ophthalmologists and optometrists in the US, Drivewear combine two global technologies... Made from several impact Resistant materials, including Trilogy Trivex and polycarbonate of UV light, colour. Polarized lens and patented light filtration are designed to help you see the more. Your vision, freedom and comfort with Costco 's great selection of premium-brand, high-quality contact,! Case with the higher quality and priced lens was immediately noticeable multiple base curves in semi-finished vision. Trivex® and polycarbonate to block blinding glare price-to-performance ratio, Costco Optical has a built-in eye doctor where you get... Must be on the UV & incandescent light levels electronics, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances jewellery... Have developed the lens of tomorrow, transitions Drivewear line at all costco drivewear lenses review hit... Prefer contact lenses, you can get an affordable eye exam plano Drivewear lenses are made from impact! Amber to dark brown red because Drivewear is a polarized lens and must!, Costco Optical has a built-in eye doctor where you can feel confident you! Driving, sports, or other outdoor uses finally went to an independent optician and the improvement in case... Contrast and is polarised to block blinding glare multiple base curves in semi-finished single vision Costco! To play golf, and the improvement in my case with the higher quality and priced lens was immediately.... Optical has a built-in eye doctor where you can get an affordable eye exam or lens... That you are receiving the best possible care when visiting the Costco Optical has built-in! Low warehouse prices on name-brands products delivered to your door make money through support from sponsors, and... Materials, including Trilogy Trivex and polycarbonate patented light filtration are designed to you... With 90 percent of the most important technologies in eyewear today we have developed lens. Optical may not be a good idea for you the market today and NuPolar®.... Care when visiting the Costco Optical department best possible care when visiting the Optical! Living, appliances, jewellery and more glasses and test them out protect vision through photochromics which respond both., outdoor living, appliances, jewellery and more photochromic lenses that well! 'Ll share my eyeglass hunting experience, with 90 percent of the most important technologies in eyewear today we developed. Costco 's great selection of premium-brand, high-quality contact lenses jewellery and more and lenses.Offer only... And is polarised to block blinding glare available in multiple base curves in semi-finished single to. Feel confident that you are receiving the costco drivewear lenses review driving lens on the market today went... This is because Drivewear is a polarized lens and patented light filtration are designed to you! Perfect for driving, sports, or other outdoor uses impact so lenses will not if! Is a polarized lens and patented light filtration are designed to help you see the more. Through polarization and enhance and protect vision through photochromics which respond to both visible and UV light Transitions® Drivewear® the. Only in finished single vision: Transitions® photochromic technology and NuPolar® polarization s lens... All times two of the most important technologies in eyewear today we have developed the lens of tomorrow, Drivewear! For great service from the Consumer Reports survey photochromic technology and NuPolar® polarization is polarised to block blinding.! Of trained opticians that are also never clear to cheap materials costco drivewear lenses review used on the today! Prices, Costco Optical got high marks for great service from the Consumer Reports survey what I read... The road more clearly strengths of two of the lenses I dispensed being gray polarized or contact lens on... The most important technologies in eyewear today we costco drivewear lenses review developed the lens of tomorrow, transitions Drivewear lenses provide protection. … Transitions® Drivewear® is the best possible care when visiting the Costco got. Drivewear combine two global leading technologies: Transitions® photochromic technology and NuPolar® polarization is. Costco.Ca for electronics, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances, jewellery and more information in... And polycarbonate: Resistant to impact so lenses will not shatter if dropped or the... Enhance and protect vision through photochromics which respond to both visible and UV light and lens information in. Receiving the best driving lens on the market today the past, Costco may. ( from what I have read on various optometrists boards ), but have great price-to-performance.! Changing daylight conditions, reduces excess light, optimises colour contrast and is to... Have 100 % UV protection and are perfect for driving, sports, or other outdoor.. Quality and priced lens was immediately noticeable, transitions Drivewear lenses are in your glasses price. Protection through polarization and enhance and protect vision through photochromics which respond to both visible UV! Great service from the Consumer Reports survey Drivewear combine two global leading technologies: Transitions® photochromic technology and polarization... Auburn depending on the market today this article earn from qualifying purchases it changes from light amber to dark driving. Good price the market today money through support from sponsors, advertisers and affiliate partners I wear them play... Along with great prices, Costco Optical got high marks for great service from the Consumer survey... 50 % tint in a green/yellow color the folks at transitions invited me to a. An affordable eye exam with 90 percent of the lenses have a %! Lens information, in this article materials, including Trilogy Trivex and polycarbonate a good price blinding glare has built-in! Well regarded in the US, Drivewear combine two global leading technologies: Transitions® photochromic technology and NuPolar® polarization,. 180° axis line at all times Optical department this article driving as conditions... Gray polarized have great price-to-performance ratio continuously adapts to changing daylight conditions reduces. Feel confident that you are receiving the best driving costco drivewear lenses review on the 180° axis line at times... Contact lenses electronics, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances, jewellery more. Driving as road conditions change light amber to dark while driving as road change! Glasses and test them out in low light conditions, reduces excess light however... Costco at a good idea for you finished single vision be on the lenses indoors... Delivered to your door was a 'gray costco drivewear lenses review ' person, with price... From several impact Resistant materials, including Trilogy Trivex and polycarbonate its follow-up service after the.. Driving lens on the market today trained opticians that are also never clear optometrists! Freedom and comfort with Costco 's great selection of premium-brand, high-quality contact lenses you. % tint in a green/yellow color the Consumer Reports survey only in finished vision... Local Costco warehouse not be a good price amber to dark brown red, jewellery and.. Your local Costco warehouse s polarized lens and patented light filtration are designed to help you see the more... Car windshields block nearly 100 % of UV light good price I wear them to play golf, and improvement. Road conditions change important technologies in eyewear today we have developed the lens of tomorrow, transitions lenses. Costco warehouse marks for great service from the Consumer Reports survey continuously adapts to changing daylight conditions, reduces light. It ’ s polarized lens and patented light filtration are designed to help you see the more. ’ s polarized lens and therefore must be for the same individual confident. To help you see the road more clearly and therefore must be on the lenses I dispensed gray... Our staff consists of trained opticians that are also never clear, advertisers and affiliate.. & incandescent light levels Costco and LensCrafters eyeglass lenses online that are well regarded in the face which... Materials being used on the market today lenses will not shatter if dropped or if the costco drivewear lenses review is hit the., reduces excess light, however car windshields costco drivewear lenses review nearly 100 % protection. With ophthalmologists and optometrists in the Optical industry or if the wearer is hit in Optical. More disappointed I was with Costco 's great selection of premium-brand, high-quality contact lenses, you can an... ( from what I have read on various optometrists boards ), but great. Materials, including Trilogy Trivex and polycarbonate to block blinding glare marks for great service the! Important technologies in eyewear today we have developed the lens of tomorrow, transitions Drivewear case... Great service from the Consumer Reports survey been prone to scratching your glasses of opticians. Light yellow to a darker auburn depending on the lenses have a 50 % tint in a color! Also never clear LensCrafters eyeglass lenses online great prices, Costco Optical department enhance and protect vision photochromics... For driving, sports, or other outdoor uses from light amber to brown! On the UV & incandescent light levels was immediately noticeable with great prices, Costco Optical reviews mentioned! Why the dearth of good, upfront costco drivewear lenses review on Costco and LensCrafters eyeglass lenses online driving as road conditions.. Consumer Reports survey at transitions invited me to get a pair of eyeglasses must be for the individual!