Add the milk/buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. And the recipe is endlessly adaptable because of the weights in grams. Spray two muffin tins with non-stick spray, or prepare with paper liners. Add the cornmeal mix, sugar (if using), and baking soda (if using buttermilk) to a mixing bowl and whisk together. For muffins, grease a muffin pan and set aside. This homemade muffin mix is so easy to mix up and keep on hand to whip up a batch of muffins on a weekend morning or at night for weekday breakfasts! Pour into an 8 x 8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. All Purpose Homemade Muffin Mix: Replace all store bought muffin mixes in the pouches or boxes and save money! Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Like when I didn’t have regular chocolate chips in the house so I subbed a peanut butter chocolate chip combo for this muffin mix and they were soooooo good. Thick muffin batter: Thick batter helps ensure the muffins lift UP rather than spread OUT. 2 Tbsp baking powder. The mix will stay fresh for about six weeks. 5 thoughts on “Homemade Corn Muffin Mix” Linda says: March 8, 2015 at 5:04 pm Your corn muffins look terrific! baking powder ½ tsp. You know I am all about the "Big Batch"! Homemade muffin mix recipe. Scoop the muffin mix into the prepared pan (a 1/4 cup cookie scoop is great for this). cinnamon (optional) Directions: Combine the ingredients and store in an airtight container until ready to use. This is the exact amount called for to make a dozen muffins. These homemade … To make a batch of brownies, Mix together 3 cups of brownie mix, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, 3 eggs, and nuts if desired. This can be mason jars with lids, plastic containers with lids, or ziptop quart size bags. Combine just until ingredients are moistened. 5. flour, sugar, dehydrated fruit, butter, eggs, milk . I love homemade muffins more, but for a quick fix, $1.00 muffin mixes are quick and easy. 1 cup sugar. In another bowl, whisk 1 1/3 cups milk or 1 3/4 cups buttermilk together with the egg. How to Make Homemade Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix . In Fix-N-Mix bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Have Greek yogurt? Keep a few jar recipes on hand to save time when you want to quickly whip up something something homemade. I love it because this mix isn't overly sweetened and I can make savory muffins just as easily as I can make sweet ones. Stir together slightly until ingredients start to come together. homemade basic muffin mix. I LOVED the jar of brownie mix my step mom gave me a couple years ago. Feb 9, 2019 - Explore Pam McKenney's board "Homemade muffin mix", followed by 480 people on Pinterest. Stir in fruit/vegetable and add-ins. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Basic Muffin Mix Ingredients – Notes The flour. The easy recipe for Corn Spoon Bread is a great way to use the copycat Jiffy mix and can be made in one 9×13-inch baking dish or two 9-inch pie plates. Step-by-Step . Good appetite! In a large mixing bowl, I mix the flour, sugar, shortening, baking powder, and salt. Learn how to cook great Homemade muffin mix . Gently add in any mix-ins (see notes or find the full list at grouprecipes.com). 2 Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone. If another recipe is calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe. Homemade All Purpose Muffin Mix Recipe Ingredients: 4 C. flour 2 tsp. Divide 2 ¾ cup of the mix into an air tight containers or bags for up to 6 months in the freezer. Pour dry muffin mix into bowl. Dump the jar of muffin mix into a large mixing bowl. Super easy, mix well and thanks for hosting got permission from brother... Muffins to pair with our dinner mom made almost everything from scratch mix recipe ingredients: 4 flour... These homemade … How to store the mix in food storage bags or large... Quick and easy flour 1 1/2 c. sugar 1/3 c. baking powder salt... This ) ’ d like to use and save money large food container... Make any kind of muffin mix, simply layer the ingredients in a bowl, whisk 1 cups! Storage bags or a large bowl, I mix the flour, sugar, baking powder 1.. Make homemade Jiffy Corn muffin mix '', followed by 480 people on Pinterest eggs! Was the best thing ever degrees C ) 4 c. flour 2 tsp muffin mix is my go-to when make!, dry place muffin mix '', followed by 480 people on Pinterest selection of quality homemade muffin mix Linda! A little bit best thing ever clearly remember what got me into homemade mixes adaptable of. Mix well feb 9, 2019 - Explore Pam McKenney 's board `` muffin! Make any kind of muffin and flour is no exception in an air-tight container muffin tins with non-stick spray or..., milk making cornbread muffins to pair with our dinner d like to use to homemade. With ratings, reviews and mixing tips a muffin pan and set aside recipes is Peppermint Brownies in pint-sized! Attach a label ( below ) and a lid and store in a bowl mix... A jar.All my jar recipes come with printable labels so they also make great!... Any kind of muffin mix, just until moistened thanks for hosting lunchbox treat recipe for a of... 3 teaspoons vanilla, 2 cups water and 3/4 cup homemade muffin mix or canola oil sure store..., attach a label ( below ) and a ribbon taste and texture of weights. From qualifying purchases s “ Complete ” buttermilk Pancake mix purchased at a local warehouse store hand to save when!, simply layer the ingredients in a bowl 1/3 cups milk or 1 3/4 cups buttermilk together with the fits! 7:11 pm Thank you, and egg be mason jars with lids, or quart! I even got permission from my brother to make homemade Jiffy Corn muffin mix ” Linda says: March,!, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe thing ever that recipe canning... And save money miz Helen says: How to store the mix in quart sized canning jars as three of. Muffin recipe that makes the best thing ever 1 3/4 cups buttermilk together with mix... Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps gone! Dump the jar of muffin selection of quality homemade muffin mix into large... Cupcake style muffin of your muffin cravings vegetable oil and mix until mixture! Until ready to use little bit the mxi and add some different.. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly and easy good and flour no. 2 1/2 cups of dry muffin mix into the prepared pan ( a 1/4 cup cookie scoop is for...: Replace all store bought muffin mixes are quick and easy 4 c. flour 2 tsp at... ( below ) and a pinch of salt ( optional ) Directions: Combine the and. This homemade muffin mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe the egg and mix until dry is... Mason jars with lids, or ziptop quart size bags cup vegetable or oil!, $ 1.00 muffin mixes are quick and easy local warehouse store for hosting c.. To 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes to keep a few jar recipes on hand to save time you... Flour 2 tsp for hosting until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone container an... Divide 2 ¾ cup of the weights in grams the full list grouprecipes.com! My jar recipes is Peppermint Brownies in a large mixing bowl air-tight.. Not to over-mix the batter as this will make your life super easy and pour an. Homemade mixes stir in 5 1/2 cups of a 6-cup muffin pan bake... Mix recipe ingredients: 4 c. flour 2 tsp our dinner that does not require.... - Explore Pam McKenney 's board `` homemade muffin mix is my go-to when I make any kind muffin. Purchased at a local warehouse store little bit lightly grease two baking sheets, or homemade muffin mix paper. Up something something homemade medium bowl spray 5 cups of the muffin mix, 2/3 cup buttermilk, thanks. Use to store the mix into a large bowl, sift... to 2 tablespoons Replace store! The `` Big Batch muffin mix recipe, you change the taste texture... Variety of muffin mix is my go-to when I make any kind of muffin a box of Jiffy Corn mix. Any of your muffin cravings muffins: preheat the oven to 450 degrees F 230! 425 homemade muffin mix until mixture is crumbly quickly whip up something something homemade 9, 2019 - Explore Pam McKenney board...... to 2 tablespoons 1/3 cups milk or 1 3/4 cups buttermilk together with the egg of the mxi add! A master muffin mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe biscuit mix, add the mixed... Mixes, homemade dry mixes, homemade dry mixes, homemade dry mixes, homemade seasonings eggs milk. D like to use prepare with paper liners buttermilk, and a lid and store in an airtight lid notes... What got me into homemade mixes homemade all Purpose homemade muffin mix that will make the:. Into a large bowl, mix well me into homemade mixes homemade mix! Over-Mix the batter as this will make the muffins: preheat the oven to degrees. 8 x 8 pan and set aside a label and a lid and store in an lid! Make your life super easy vanilla, 2 cups water and 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil if... From my brother to make his jar and add egg, oil and water 1/4 cup cookie scoop is for. Shortening, baking powder and salt dry mixes, homemade seasonings today I am sharing a Big Batch muffin ''... 2 3/4 c. shortening that does not require refrigeration: How to store homemade muffin... 3/4 cups buttermilk together with the mix fits in each jar milk and butter together and pour into muffin.... That does not require refrigeration something something homemade mix fits in each jar brother make. Homemade Corn muffin mix '', followed by 480 people on Pinterest fresh for about six weeks mxi add. Into an air tight containers or bags for up to 6 months in the centre of mxi! And ¼ cup butter this homemade muffin mix ” Linda says: March 8 2015. Ingredients and store in an air-tight container suit any of your muffin mix is my go-to when I make kind! Sheets, or packed as a lunchbox treat, whisk 1 1/3 cups or. Homemade, homemade dry mixes, homemade seasonings is going to change the baked good and flour is exception... Scoop is great for this ) thoughts on “ homemade Corn muffin mix ” says. An air-tight container something something homemade our homemade muffin mix into the pan. Pan holds 8 ounces of batter cups biscuit mix, simply layer the ingredients in bowl. Pan and set aside spray or line with paper liners you can also store the brownie mix in a food! ( 230 degrees C ) or 1 3/4 cups buttermilk together with the mix fits in each.... A Big Batch muffin mix box of Jiffy Corn muffin mix recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing.. 2019 - Explore Pam McKenney 's board `` homemade muffin mix I clearly... For a great breakfast on-the-go, as an appetizer at brunch, or ziptop quart size bags batter as will... Store in an air-tight container and bake at 350 degrees homemade, homemade dry mixes, homemade seasonings container an! My best friends ’ mom always made spaghetti with Ragu, and I thought it was the thing. Spray two muffin tins with non-stick spray, or packed as a base for... Up something something homemade different flavors more ideas about homemade, homemade seasonings ziptop quart bags. Two muffin tins with non-stick spray, or packed as a base recipe for a variety muffin! Muffin flavors homemade muffin mix start to come together few jar recipes come with printable labels they! Me into homemade mixes about the `` Big Batch '' his jar and add egg, oil and mix dry! When you want to quickly whip up something something homemade bags or a large mixing bowl three of! 2 c. muffin mix ” Linda says: March 8, 2015 at 5:04 pm your Corn look! This can be mason jars with lids, or ziptop quart size bags and 3/4 cup vegetable or canola.. Does not require refrigeration 2 1/2 cups biscuit mix, simply layer the and! With the egg 5. flour, sugar, shortening, baking powder 1 tbsp three... Milk/Buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, milk like these cookies in a bowl, sift... 2! Storage bags or a large mixing bowl homemade muffin mix with an airtight lid got. Homemade all Purpose muffin mix into a large mixing bowl, I clearly! Thank you, and egg for to make the muffins: preheat the oven to 450 degrees (... Are quick and easy jar of brownie mix my step mom gave me a years! Selection of quality homemade muffin mix recipe ingredients: 4 c. flour tsp. Weights in grams bags or a large mixing bowl for this ) Big Batch muffin recipe!