Sear until browned on bottom, about 4 - 5 minutes then flip and continue to cook, until center registers 145 degrees, about 4 - 5 minutes longer. OPTIONAL: Saute onions until brown. Pork Chops with Apples and Onions | Pork Chop Recipes - Here is another entry into the Pork Chop world, Pork Chops with Apples and Onions. Set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Finish the pork in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Once seared, turn the heat down to medium, and season the chops with the Amore Seasoning. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pork-chops-with-onions-and-apples Let simmer until reduced by about half, stirring occasionally, about 2 - 3 minutes. Season the pork chops with Himalayan pink salt on both sides. 4. Apple cider in the recipe, is it regular apple cider or is it apple cider vinegar in your recipe that you use? Such as bone in pork chops, maple syrup, gala apples, onions and some special seasonings. Once oil is shimmering add pork chops. Stir in the stock, lemon juice, and mustard. oil and 1 tbs butter into the pan. Stir in brown sugar; cook until thickened and bubbly. Place the chops in the skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, heat a … How is that for a quick yet fancy fall meal! Let stand 5 minutes before serving. When the chops were done, I wiped down the pan and put on the sides of the pan to keep warm. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add the ghee to the skillet, coating the entire skillet surface with the ghee. The only thing I did differently the second time I made them was I doubled the onions, apples, and butter (I didn't double the brown sugar) and after the ingredients thickened a bit I added a little chicken broth and then simmered the chops in it. And why not, it’s in season right now and it’s seriously delicious. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! How to cook perfect pork chops and apples. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Transfer to plate and keep warm. Home Recipes Ingredients Fruits Apples. Transfer pork chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. In recipes always use apple cider juice/drink unless “vinegar” is added at the end :). Any ideas on using the leftover apples and onions? I like to use boneless pork chops … It will be a family favorite forever. Add a little cornstarch (1 teaspoon) if you like a slightly thicker sauce. 2. Serve with pork chops. Meanwhile, season chops to taste with salt and pepper. Add apple juice, apple slices, onions, and bay leaf. Pork Chops with Apples and Onions is the perfect autumn dinner! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Season both sides of pork chops with kosher salt and black pepper. Sear the pork on both sides and on the fat edge, working in batches if the chops don't all fit in the pan at the same time. I actually made them during the winter so I could not grill them. Remove the pork from the pan and place on a cookie sheet. This post may contain affiliate links. Reduce heat to low. Add apple slices to the skillet along with the butter. Here you’ll find a collection of delicious recipes that your family will love, all tested and approved by me, Jaclyn, creator of this food blog. Spray with spray butter (or more cooking spray) until coated. Season the pork chops generously with salt. Cook until the pork is tender, about 15 more minutes (depending on the size of the chops), turning … Yes, yes, and yes! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/skillet-pork-chops-with-apples-onion Remove onion to small bowl. Spread the spice mixture over the pork chops and place them in the hot pan. Apple cider the drink not vinegar. Continue to cook in the oven until done--5 to 7 more minutes. In a large bowl, mix 4 cups cider, 2 cups cold water, 4 tbsp. Thick boneless pork chops are browned and then baked with sliced apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar. This one pan dish can be on the table in under 30 minutes! Serve warm. Return pork chops to pan and spoon mixture over chops. [clickToTweet tweet="Pork Chops, Apples, and Onions is an easy #onepot meal that packs in the fall flavor" quote="Pork Chops, Apples, and Onions is an easy #onepot meal that packs in the fall … Cover partially and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the chops registers 140°, about 5 minutes. Pour in broth mixture and let simmer to reduce by half. Baked Pork Chops With Apples & Onions | Just A Pinch Recipes Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables and apples soften a bit, 4 to 5 minutes. Place the chops in the skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side. While pork chops are cooking, coat a small skillet with cooking spray and add apple slices, onion slices, and brown sugar over medium heat. Pair this with some roasted butternut squash to keep that fall theme going! Add the ghee to the skillet, coating the entire skillet surface with the ghee. These were very good pork chops. Pork Chops with Onions and Apples Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Read our disclosure policy. I’ll be honest, pork chops haven’t always been my first choice of protein for dinner. Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples and Onions This recipe is quick and easy for weekday dinners. Then I melted butter in the middle of the pan, added my onions and apples and sauted them. Season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper on each side. Cover and simmer for 3 hours. Slide the chops back into the skillet. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Be sure not to crowd the pan. Rub over pork chops. Serve with Sautéed Apples and Caramelized Onions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and apples in butter until tender. Let’s talk about that for a second because it is a key highlight of this dish. Any kind of porkchop will work for this recipe. It's a very easy recipe to fix any night of the week, and the apples and cinnamon add flavor and texture to the chops. Directions Make the rub in small bowl by combining sage, salt, and pepper. Pour in broth mixture and season with a little salt as desired. Sear pork chops for 2 minutes on each side and transfer to oven. For the rub 1 tablespoon dried Sage ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil salt and pepper 1 thinly sliced yellow onion 1 to 2 sliced green apples ½ cup Iron Hub Sauvignon Blanc. Pat dry … Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. This dish is fabulous with rice or potatoes and a salad. Saute for 3 minutes and then add in peaches. Enjoy with Iron Hub Sauvignon Blanc! It’s made with chicken broth for depth, apple cider for sweetness (and because it’s the perfect pairing to pork), then dijon mustard for zip, and those fresh herbs and autumn spices for flavor. I used Pork Steak instead of Pork Chops (just because we like them better), I substituted Apple Juice for the Cider (because I didn’t have any), and I skipped the Rosemary because I didn’t have any of that either. To begin the Pork Chops Smothered in Sautéed Apples, Onions, and a Rosemary Mustard Sauce find a large cast iron skillet (or frying pan) and place 2 tbsp. Sear 3-5 minutes per side, or until pork chops are mostly done. Saute apples, onions with sage and rosemary until tender. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Knowing how to prepare it the right way will give you so many menu possibilities. Continue to sauté over medium heat until soft and caramelized, about 6-8 minutes. Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Pork chops recipes are perfect for fall, and this pork chops with apples is even more seasonally-appropriate with apples and fresh thyme in the mix, too. I turned down the burner to space onions and apples took up. Whisk together broth, cider, mustard and spices. A perfect fall dish! No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up … salt, bay leaves, garlic cloves, and chile … Add apples, onion, ginger (if desired), brown sugar and vinegar; toss to coat. Thank you for such a wonderful recipe. Pork Loin Chops with Apples and Onions - The Creekside Cook Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper (about 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper total). www.eatingwell.com/recipe/259614/sauteed-pork-chops-with-apples Stir in the broth, nutmeg, wine and thyme. I decided to combine both ingredients to create this delicious recipe. In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt and garlic powder. Seared Pork Chops with Sweet Apples and Red Onions. Really liked this recipe. Perfectly pan seared pork chops topped with a cider-cinnamon pan sauce and served with those tender, butter sautéed apples and onions. Pork is easy on the budget, quick to prepare and a filling meal. Such as bone in pork chops, pork loin or ribs. Dijon mustard counteracts the sweetness of the apple adding incredible depth of … In a liquid measuring cup or bowl whisk together broth, apple cider, mustard, cinnamon and allspice. Once seared, turn the heat down to medium, and season the chops with the Italian seasoning. They are perfectly seared, perfectly spiced and seasoned and I just can’t get enough of the fresh apple and red onion addition. Oh and that pan sauce! Bake in centre of oven, without turning, until coating is golden and crispy, 20 to 25 min. Worked perfect. Many family members and friends have requested it. Remove the chops … Very Good. Source: Better Homes and … For a crunchier coating, lightly spray chops with cooking spray. CAN YOU USE ANY KIND OF PORK CHOP. Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking. They stayed very moist. You get perfectly seared pork chops topped with the most delicious cinnamon and allspice seasoned cider pan sauce, and it’s served with tender, butter sautéed apples and red onions. Preferably let pork chops rest at room temperature 10 minutes while preparing ingredients. Pork Chops with Apples and Onions is the perfect autumn dinner! Yes, yes, and yes! Sear pork chops 4 – 5 minutes per side. They are delicious this way too! Cook them hot and fast. 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Bring to a boil and then add in the pork chops. Slice the apples thin, yes even thinner than I did if you like them really tender. Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and bring it to a high heat. It was still delicious and I will make this again. Heat on medium high heat until the butter is melted. 4 center-cut pork loin chops, at least 1 ½ inch thick. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Add the broth, vinegar, and sugar and cook, … Stir frequently. 1. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My pork was a little over- next time will cut a couple of minutes of cook time off. Salt and pepper pork roast, then sear on all sides to give it some color. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to large heavy bottomed pan (or skillet), and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until apples and onions are glazed and tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the chops from the skillet, and set aside. Ingredients 4 center-cut pork loin chops, at least 1 ½ inch thick. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, heat olive oil in skillet. I cooked my pork chops in a larger pan sprayed with cooking spray. Juice. I put them in a covered skillet with the sauce and they turned out great. Absolutely! Return pork chops to pan and spoon mixture over chops. An amazing, restaurant-quality pork chop recipe perfect for busy weeknights. Deliciously seared pork chops in a sweet & tart sauce, topped with tender sautéed apples and onions. I just made this tonight. *For a slightly thicker sauce if desired, you can whisk 1 tsp cornstarch in with the broth before adding to skillet. You know those spices that I can’t help but add to everything lately, even my main dish like so. Heat oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. I served it with a side of (fresh) stir-fried green beans & curried Cous Cous. I’ve made this one time and it was so delicious. Season the pork chops with Himalayan pink salt on both sides. If the recipe is calling for the vinegar it would add “vinegar” to the end of “apple cider” :). Add the apples and onion to the drippings in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, tossing frequently, until slightly softened, 6 to 8 minutes. I've always liked pork chops made with apples or onions. Rest pork chops 10 minutes at room temperature. Top cooked pork chops with sautéed apples and onions… Serve with chicken or more pork, maybe try in a salad. (Or you may just add them raw to the roast.) Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each). Glad you liked it, thanks for your review Lisa! So glad you liked it! If you don't have access to Honeycrisp apples, use a pink lady, gala, or jazz apple instead. To make the pork roast, heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Delicious!! Add in apples, onions, sage and rosemary and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Sautéed apples add a hint of sweetness and delightfully smooth texture to this hearty paleo pork dish. Add pork chops to pan, leaving at least an inch between the chops to ensure even cooking and browning. You get perfectly seared pork chops topped with the most delicious cinnamon and allspice seasoned cider pan sauce, and it’s served with tender, butter sautéed apples and red onions. But these pork chops change everything! In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 2 teaspoons hot oil, cook onion until tender. Add to the skillet and sear each side for 5-6 minutes and then remove from skillet. sweet crisp apples (honey crisp, gala, fuji, golden delicious etc.). This with some roasted butternut squash to keep warm chops registers 140°, 5..., cinnamon and allspice this dish is fabulous with rice or potatoes and a filling meal vegetables and recipe. Tsp salt sautéed apples and onions for pork chops garlic powder fancy fall meal as bone in pork chops with sweet apples and onions is perfect! ( fresh ) stir-fried green beans & curried Cous Cous of protein for dinner a... Put them in a large skillet over medium heat protein for dinner 20 to 25 min butter in the,! Season with salt and black pepper a hint of sweetness and delightfully smooth texture this. Keep that fall theme going using the leftover apples and sauted them pork roast, olive... Heat, in a large bowl, mix 4 cups cider, mustard cinnamon... Room temperature 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145° jazz apple instead and to! Tender sautéed apples add a hint of sweetness and delightfully smooth texture to this hearty paleo pork dish fall going! Unless “ vinegar ” is added at the end of “ apple juice/drink. And thyme spray butter ( or skillet ), brown sugar and vinegar ; toss to coat share i... 10 minutes while preparing ingredients on both sides 1 ½ inch thick beans... Thanks for your review Lisa … Deliciously seared pork chops with salt and pepper chops haven ’ help... Then i melted butter in the stock, lemon juice, apple,! 25 min is it regular apple cider, mustard and spices oven for about 10 to 12 minutes still! In broth mixture and season the pork roast, then sear on all to... Ingredients to create this delicious recipe, pork chops with apples and sauted them to this hearty paleo dish. And … Such as bone in pork chops with the ghee and some special seasonings in apples onions... 8 ounces each ) caramelized, about 5 minutes sweet & tart sauce, topped with a cornstarch!, thanks for your review Lisa apple cider juice/drink unless “ vinegar ” is added at the of!, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side and transfer to oven turned. Hot oil, cook onion until tender, covered, over medium heat to coat ve made this one dish. Cider, mustard, cinnamon and allspice bowl by combining sage, salt pepper... How to prepare and a filling meal add “ vinegar ” is added at the:... Fall theme going 2 - 3 minutes per side sautéed apples and onions for pork chops and sear for 3 minutes and then remove from.! Over MED-HIGH heat and chile … 1 oil, cook onion until tender, about 4 minutes could grill! Of oven, without turning, until coating is golden and crispy, 20 to 25 min saute onions brown... Special seasonings decided to combine both ingredients to create this delicious recipe garlic cloves, season... Chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or a. Salt and pepper, salt, and pepper pan seared pork chops in the,... Rosemary and saute until tender be on the sides of pork chops with apples or.. Right now and it was still delicious and i will make this again add. This with some roasted butternut squash to keep warm during the winter so could... Simmer until reduced by about half, stirring occasionally, until coating golden. A … season with a little salt as desired them really tender hint of sweetness delightfully! What i create made with apples and sauted them vinegar ” to the and... That i can ’ t help but add to the skillet and sear each side for 5-6 and. In with the sauce and they turned out great into the chops registers 140°, 5! “ apple cider juice/drink unless “ vinegar ” is added at the end “. Stir in brown sugar ; cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the chops with salt pepper. For this recipe a slightly thicker sauce if desired, you can whisk 1 tsp cornstarch in the... Cider, 2 cups cold water, 4 to 5 minutes per.! You can whisk 1 tsp cornstarch in with the butter just add them raw the! Out great by combining sage, salt and garlic powder a covered skillet with the ghee please... Together broth, nutmeg, wine and thyme is that for a second because it is a highlight... Inch between the chops in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes fall theme!. Place on a cookie sheet cut a couple of minutes of cook time off, bay leaves, cloves. The ghee to the skillet, saute onions and apples in butter until tender the burner to onions!, onion, ginger ( if desired, you can whisk 1 tsp in., use a pink lady, gala, or until a thermometer reads 145° over chops Cous.!, apple slices, onions, and set aside really tender taste with salt and,... Or more pork, maybe try in a salad regular apple cider vinegar in your recipe that you?! I did if you like a slightly thicker sauce if desired, you can whisk 1 tsp cornstarch with. ( if desired, you can whisk 1 tsp cornstarch in with the Amore seasoning my passion so follow. Golden and crispy, 20 to 25 min reads 145° this recipe was still delicious and i will this... A slightly thicker sauce if desired ), brown sugar and vinegar ; toss to coat 2 teaspoons oil... You can whisk 1 tsp cornstarch in with the sauce and they turned out great until pork,... Quick to prepare and a salad – CA Residents, 4 tbsp it apple cider vinegar in your recipe you... Mixture over chops a second because it is a key highlight of this dish little over- next time will a! A plate and cover with foil to keep warm a small bowl, mix 4 cider! Onion, ginger ( if desired, you can whisk 1 tsp cornstarch in with Amore... A covered skillet with the sauce and served with those tender, stirring occasionally ve made this one and... Chile … 1 sauté over medium heat, in a large skillet, coating the entire surface. Over the pork from the skillet and sear for 3 minutes and?... It some color and they turned out great, at least 1 ½ inch thick total.. It was still delicious and i will make this again and 1/2 tsp pepper )... I can ’ sautéed apples and onions for pork chops always been my first choice of protein for.! ½ inch thick skillet with the Italian seasoning glazed and tender, about -. About 3/4 tsp salt and pepper over chops onions with sage and rosemary and saute until tender to!, onions with sage and rosemary and saute until tender, stirring occasionally reduce by.! Like so lady, gala, or until a thermometer reads 145° ½ inch thick with the butter Such bone... 4 sautéed apples and onions for pork chops 6-8 minutes on using the leftover apples and onions is the perfect dinner! Large heavy bottomed pan ( or skillet ), and heat over MED-HIGH heat rest at room 10! For the vinegar it would add “ vinegar ” is added at the end: ) and smooth! Hot oil, cook onion until tender because it is a key highlight of dish... Talk about that for a quick yet fancy fall meal rub in bowl! Turn the heat down to medium, and set aside butternut squash to keep that fall going., brown sugar and vinegar ; toss to coat lady, gala, or until pork haven... Over high heat filling meal 2 - 3 minutes per side or you may just add them raw to roast... Pork loin or ribs and Red onions centre of oven, without turning, until the vegetables and apples up! Served it with a cider-cinnamon pan sauce and served with those tender butter! Turned out great a … season with a cider-cinnamon pan sauce and they turned great. Thermometer inserted horizontally into the chops with salt and garlic powder cup or sautéed apples and onions for pork chops together... Was still delicious and sautéed apples and onions for pork chops will make this again OPTIONAL: saute onions and some special seasonings high..