I left out the thyme, added bacon which i stir fried with the veges.Left out the wine still yummy and added parmesan cheese flakes on top served with toasted turkish bread. Really yummy and easy to make. Leek and potato soup is a classic of the British and Irish kitchen which is no surprise as it is an utterly delicious soup. Leeks are pretty awesome too. Let’s Be Social! Add the cauliflower, pour in the broth, and bring to a low boil. Hungry for more? Place the cauliflower and leek … Ensure that the cauliflower florets are spaced out enough on your sheet pan so they roast and not steam (which they will do if the pan is too full). Will be cooking this one again. Warm olive oil and butter in a pot on medium heat. Blend again. Add the cauliflower, milk and stock. * Nutrition estimate only. Privacy Policies, Really lovely soup,nice texture. Stir in the vegetable stock, and bring the … 2. I used an immersion blender to blitz this soup. Creamy Cauliflower and Leek Soup, makes two large servings (I think perfect for two people and then one lunch the next day) 1 head of cauliflower, stem and leaves removed (approximately 430 grams) 1 large leek … It’s a creamless velvety but not heavy, hearty and comforting, with a depth of flavor. Spoon the leek and cauliflower into a serving dish, pour over the cheese sauce, mix and scatter with … You can even use some of the tougher stalk bits that you wouldn’t serve as a vegetable. Love to know how you enjoyed! Add the cauliflower and stir. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the leeks, cauliflower, garlic, and thyme for about 10 minutes. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat then add the onion, leeks and carrot. In fact, it was one of our very first recipes. Pour in milk. For an even richer taste, you can add half-and-half or heavy cream to this soup instead of whole milk. Whole milk Greek yogurt is lovely too. If you don’t have, you can use a blender. Keep in mind, though, that parchment paper will make cleanup a little easier. It's time for another soup with leeks in it! Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the leeks, cauliflower and garlic for about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Place chopped leek in a strainer to thoroughly wash/drain and then use in recipe. Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup with Cheddar. It’s been crazy cold here lately. USE OF THIS SITE CONSITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ITS PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF USE. Cook very gently for 10 mins until soft but not coloured. Hi & welcome to Girl Heart Food! I highly recommend garnishing with croutons (homemade ones). I left out the wine and it still tasted great. This Low-Carb “Potato” Leek Soup is a Paleo, low-carb, and dairy-free comfort food. Cook over a low to moderate heat until the leeks are soft, but without browning them. Add leeks, celery, garlic and cauliflower, along with the nutmeg, salt and pepper and saute over medium, stirring regularly until leeks begin to wilt. Made in just 30 minutes, this Paleo + Whole30-approved soup … Remove the coarse part of the green leaves from 3 medium-sized leeks. Next add the garlic and potato. Cauliflower is often last on the list of vegetables my family will eat, but they adore this creamy, savory soup with tender leeks and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven on a sheet pan for 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway. « Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese with Truffle Cheddar, Easy Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Slaw (20 minutes) », Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup with Fennel, Old-Fashioned Cabbage Rolls (inspired by Nan). -  —Kristin Rimkus, Snohomish, Washington Warm soup over low heat. Plus, it’s hearty enough to be substantial for lunch or dinner. Serve it as a side dish, or as a main for lunch then pack the leftovers to enjoy for lunch at work! I’m Dawn and I’m so happy you stopped by.  Around here, you’ll find lots of yummy eats from veggie based to gluten free to classic comfort food fare. How do you chop and clean leeks? Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth adjusting the salt and pepper to … If you need to, use a couple of sheet pans to roast the cauliflower. Cauliflower, leek and cheddar soup recipe | Gourmet Traveller Cauliflower soup is so easy as the cauliflower cooks quickly and you can choose to puree it to a smooth soup or have a more textured soup. Add broth, bring to a boil, … Leeks … For an even richer taste, you can add half-and-half or heavy cream to this soup instead of whole milk. Stir and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, until garlic is fragrant. The email addresses you entered will not be stored and will be used only to send this email. Add garlic and thyme to leeks and cook 1 minute. Toss cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Please try again. Delicious with buttery croutons! Drizzle of olive oil (garlic flavoured would be lovely). Puree the soup with a hand blender, or transfer to a blender to puree in batches. I left out the thyme, added bacon which i stir fried with the veges.Left out the wine still yummy and added parmesan cheese flakes on top served with toasted turkish bread.