Turquoise is a semi-transparent to opaque stone that ranges in color from whitish blue to deep dark blue, and from deep dark green to a yellowish green. It is a slightly greenish shade of cyan. The stone got its name because the mountain where it is mined resembles a sleeping woman laying on her back with her arms crossed. 4011-2. The Roystone district is one of Nevada’s better known turquoise production areas. Fox is one of Nevada’s most productive turquoise mines. Sonora Turquoise tends to gave a brilliant green color with a matrix of brown and traces of pyrite which add a special sparkle to the stones. Turquoise Mountain and “Birdseye” turquoise come from the same mine in northwestern Arizona near the Kingman mine. 5006-10A. This orange spiney oyster is the more common variety, it is found at mid to low ocean depths so snorkelers and scuba divers can easily get to it. Mixing a Pale Turquoise Use white as the base color. Sonora Turquoise, like the White Water Turquoise, originates from the campitos mine located on the Campitos Mountain outside of Cananea, Sonora Mexico. The blue turquoise forms when there is a higher concentration of copper, which is the case with most Arizona turquoises. We’ve got you covered with exclusive access to the latest tips, trends, and promos. It is one of three prehistoric mining localities in the state of Arizona The Kingman Turquoise mines have been owned and operated by the Colbaugh family since the early 1900s. Favorite Add to Payton DARK TURQUOISE Faux Silk Stretch Charmeuse Satin Fabric by the Yard - 10017 NewFabricsDaily. Turquoise RGB color code = #40E0D0= 64*65536+224*256+208 = (64,224,208 It comes from a new claim in the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tonopah, Nevada close to Roystone and Candelaria mines. © 2000-2020 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. Dark Turquoise is a dark turquoise solid tone. Candelaria Turquoise comes from the large Candelaria silver and gold mine in Nevada, which is not too far from Tonopah. Roystone turquoise is known for its beautiful deep green rich light blue colors. Other customers have used this custom creation to match the following OEM / Brand colors. The turquoise in this area was usually found in thin veins and is known for its beautiful, almost electric blue, sometimes with light matrix. To help you identify them better, let's go over a few different types of turquoise that are well known and that we deal with on a daily bases. The matrix includes brown, gold and black. This mine is located in the Royston Area/ Bunker Hill. Popular. It has been valued for its beauty and reputed spiritual and life giving qualities. Few turquoise mines produced nuggets, especially of this quality. Turquoise is the colour of the gem turquoise. Learn more by visiting Valspar.com today! Shop by Color: Dark Turquoise. As always, our first step in understanding a color is to see how it exists in relation to others. No two stones are ever alike. Dark brown limonite mottled patterns are associated with this material. Free delivery with $45 order. The Apache Blue turquoise mine, is a small mine with lots of potential. The uniqueness of the Turquoise patterns that map through beautiful and varied brown boulder stones really gives Boulder Turquoise jewelry its own distinctive flair. See more ideas about color, color pallets, colour schemes. Jewelry making is the major craft industry of the village. Campitos turquoise, including the Sonora Turquoise is unique in many ways. White Buffalo has no copper and no blue color. Dry Creek Turquoise comes from a small turquoise mine outside of Austin, Nevada. While Pilot Mountain is considered an active mine, it is a very small operation. When you look at Boulder Turquoise, you can see the veins running through the host rock. As with most turquoise mines, this mine opened as a copper claim. Named for producing some of the hardest turquoise, the Blue Diamond mine is located outside of Austin, Nevada and was first mined in 1930. Bisbee turquoise has developed a reputation as a hard, finely webbed or dendrite, high blue stone, known for its “chocolate brown” matrix. The turquoise is a collectors item, as this is some of the last Number 8 Turquoise to be had and will be a great addition to our collection. Boulder Turquoise is valued for both its beauty and rarity. PE-452 - Select Your Length SouthernStitchFabric. In the Cerbat Mountains, 14 miles northwest of the city of Kingman, Arizona, the Mineral Park Mine was first mined by Indians centuries before the white man came to the area. Most Pilot Mountain turquoise is called “grass roots”, meaning the best deposits are found within ten feet of the surface. Sleeping Beauty turquoise can be found in the southwestern part of the United States in Arizona. The red-green-blue components are 00 (0) red, CE (206) green and D1 (209) blue. Some have matrix, others don’t. The site was originally mined by ancestral Pueblo people and was rediscovered in 1890 by gold prospector King. Because most of this turquoise has already been mined and what is left is in limbo due to circumstances with the copper mining in the open pit, it is one of the most highly collected stones. It has become a color standard in the industry. View on Google Maps, 671 MAIN ST. The predominant colors and stones used in traditional Zuni inlay are turquoise, red coral, black onyx and white mother of pearl. Color Theory: Turquoise. ... Top Rated BEHR 6-1/2 in. White Buffalo is only found in one mine is near Tonopah Nevada. Mother Nature is Amazing! It is currently closed, with no mining activity and is, therefore, considered rare and collectible. Most turquoise this light of a blue is chaulk and is too soft to cut. Dark Kettle Black. The stones that this mine produces, which are usually large pieces in plate form, look a great deal like Stormy Mountain Turquoise because of its black smoky matrix. This color is a polyester solid tone powder coat and has a high gloss finish. Stones are worked and then fit together, sometimes side by side, called stone-to-stone, or with solver channels in between, known as channel inlay. The variety of possible color and atrix mixes is stunning. Number 8 Turquoise has character in it’s appearance and can easily be identified. From shop SouthernStitchFabric. The mine was discovered as early as 1902 and are the oldest patented mines in Nevada. Green turquoise forms where there is a higher concentration of iron. Sleeping beauty turquoise is revered and highly sought after sue to its pure sky blue color which can also be found with dark black “spider webbing” matrix. 5 out of 5 stars (12,045) 12,045 reviews $ 2.50. Showing 1 - 18 of 28 Products Name, A-Z; Name, Z-A; Featured; Price, Low To High; Price, High To Low; Oldest; Newest; Most Popular; 27% OFF. The color darkturquoise / Dark turquoise with hexadecimal color code #00ced1 is a shade of cyan. The mine is located near Tonopah, Nevada in the Candelaria Mountain range. Turquoise colors create fabulous color combinations with all blue and green colors, light and dark brown colors, pink and purple colors, light gray color tones and soft white decorating colors. Rust-Oleum 284678 Stops Rust Spray Paint, 12-Ounce, Gloss Light Turquoise Turquoise RGB color code; Turquoise color chart; Turquoise RGB color code. The Easter Blue mine is owned and operated by Danny and Dean Otteson. A turquoise comforter will become the highlight of any room while the The reason Boulder Turquoise is sometimes called Ribbon Turquoise is because the the turquoise is a “ribbon” that arcs through rich brown boulder stones. 511 MAIN ST. Turquoise ( / ˈtɜːrkɔɪz, - kwɔɪz /) is a blue/green color, based on the gem of the same name. Discovered by Southwestern Indians, turquoise was used by the Indians for personal adornment in religious ceremonies and in many of their rituals. Dark Turquoise Color. The mine is considered a “hat mine”, of which there are very few. The most impressive of which is the way it is mined. Most of this turquoise that we have cut has been a light to medium blue with a dark color of green or blue spiderweb. This mine produces some of the most unusual and beautiful stone patterns. The famous Sleeping Beauty turquoise was actually discovered by accident. Purple Spiney oyster AKA “deep purple” spiney oyster is much harder to harvest because of the ocean depth in which it is found. Complete the look of your special day with our Satin Napkins! Bisbee turquoise also comes in a beautiful dark green color. Boulder Turquoise is identified by the style of distinctive turquoise veins that run through boulder stones. The King’s mine produces some of the best blue green turquoise on the market today. It is a creamy pale blue coloring and golden to cocoa brown matrix. See more ideas about doors, door color, turquoise door. The have recently gone back into the section of the Kingman mine and are digging and bringing our some new Natural KIngman Turquoise. In its prime, the Number 8 mine produced some of the largest nuggets of turquoise ever found. Most turquoise is mined from veins found in the surrounding stone. The first color that you can pair with turquoise in your home design is coral. The King’a Manassa mine is now producing what geologists and collectors have stated, is the Rolls Royce of turquoise. Dying with this color gives you a unique, bold and brilliant look. The Bisbee mine, “the Lavender Pit”, near Bisbee, Arizona, is one of the more famous of the American mines because Bisbee turquoise (also known as “Bisbee Blue” registered name) was one of the first put onto the market. Other stones that may be used in Zuni jewelry are Gaspeite and orange to purple Spiney Oyster. The calm of turquoise bedding is the perfect choice to build a blissful bedroom retreat. Subscribe to receive new product updates and member-only discounts. We can say... 2. Roystone has a heavy matrix ranging from brown to gold in color. The Zuni’s are famous for a particular type of stonework called inlay. It is the color of the earth as the new growth and life emerges at the first hints of spring. The mine became famous for its rounded, bright blue nuggets with black matrix. This is visually exquisite stone with colors ranging from a clear light blue to a deep, vibrant green. Hex Color and RGB Code for Dark turquoise, with Hex Code #00CED1 and RGB code 0, 206, 209 Tangerine for a Complementary Look. Don't miss a spot. Most Pilot Mountain turquoise is called “grass roots”, meaning the best deposits are found within ten feet of the surface. Coral for a Popping Look. $ 29.50-$ 129. This matrix makes for beautiful combinations with the color variations of the Royston Turquoise stone. View on Google Maps. To date, no other vein of this turquoise has been discovered anywhere else and when this current vein runs out, that will be the last of it. This will continue to be debated for coming ages but, in the end, it is a beautifully bold stone that makes a statement in its black and white colors and so rare to be only found in one area in the world. Here are the different color shades of Turquoise. The closer it is to green than blue, the revitalizing and welcoming it is. Pilot Mountain turquoise forms in hard veins with color ranging from bright blue to dark blue with a greenish cast. Long time miners have been noted to have said the Blue Diamond mine yielded some of the best turquoise in Nevada. The Kingman mine in northwestern Arizona was one of the largest turquoise mines in North America. The sets below has both types (similar by name and closer in distance) Transform any bedroom into a warm, inviting sanctuary that contains a bright splash of color. Another choice that you can choose is … Its vivid colors range from lavender to deep chatoyant purple.There is only one location it is found in the world. Please call us at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337), Please enter in your email address in the following format: you@domain.com. The Roystone Turquoise mine is located near Tonopah Nevada. It has become a color standard in the industry. Old natural Kingman Turquoise is rare. Turquoise is sometimes described as a mixture of pale blue and green. The mine was closed for a number of years and had not been worked. This stone features dark stormy matrix surrounded by a brilliant blue. Easter Blue produces a fine quality stone and beautiful matrix. Cleaned and polished, it weighed 150 pounds. Color information #00DADA (or 0x00DADA) is unknown color: approx Dark Turquoise.HEX triplet: 00, DA and DA.RGB value is (0,218,218). The black and white of the other stones is a further representation of dualities. This color combination was created by user Color Man.The Hex, RGB and CMYK codes are in the table below. "Turquoise is formed by a complex combination of aluminum, copper, phosphorus, water, and other local ingredients that may change the color or add matrix (host rock)," Garland says. Charoite is a beautiful and interesting gemstone which was first introduced in the US around 1976. Even in rough form, the stones are vibrant, even more blue than the bright Southwestern sky overhead. It is located in the Murnu Mountains near Yakutia, Russia.What makes this stone intersting is its full range of character from solid color to zones of swirly mixtures of silky purple chatoyance and sprays of black. 2008-2B. Charoite changes loneliness to love and warms the heart, it shows you the way through your fears and finding peace. The Kings Manaas Turquoise mine is one of the oldest in Colorado sand one of the better known. Turquoise hair dye is one of the best of its kind. Breathable and sustainable, natural-fiber TENCEL is a great option every night of the year. It was discovered by a Shoshone sheep herder. Today, Blue Diamond turquoise is very rare and seldom seen. Turquoise Mountain turquoise is light to high blue, with both webbed and non-webbed matrix. Dark brown limonite mottled patterns are associated with this material. It is still being collected from the Sleeping Beauty mine in Globe, Arizona where a small operation of workers mines, processes and ships the stones. The Pilot Mountain mine is located in western Nevada, east of the town of Mina. Even the matrix differ greatly in color and pattern. Turquoise is a blending of the cold winter blue ray of Trust with the approaching warm green ray of Growth. That is one of the reasons that Dry Creek Turquoise is so valuable. Production is small due to the remote location and winter weather. In the 1940s, Dowell Ward purchased the old Cortez claims and developed them using the names Fox, White Horse, Green Tree and Smith to differentiate among the colors produced in the area and to create a larger perceived share of the turquoise market. Recently, the mine changed hands again and they have begun to work the claim. The silky shimmer of this Vanessa Printed Tencel Duvet Cover & Sham is perfectly matched by its soft color and dreamy paisley print. The mine was closed as a result of the discovery of gold in 1976 when the Newton Gold Company claimed the area. Became famous for its rounded, bright blue nuggets with black matrix the Apache blue color... Blue is an old Nevada blue turquoise mine is located in western Nevada, which is gives. Ideas about color, color pallets, colour schemes Tencel Duvet Cover & Sham is matched. Earth and turquoise, including the Sonora turquoise is one of the turquoise... Yard - 10017 NewFabricsDaily you @ domain.com and light green and 81.96 % blue jewelry making the... Copper and no blue color usually displayed in this stone to enhance self-esteem, spiritual..., this mine is owned and operated by Danny and Dean Otteson campitos turquoise, it was said the... As a tunnel mine then it became an open pit build a bedroom. Product updates and member-only discounts turquoise: the Top 10 Options to 1! And in many of their rituals finding peace will become the highlight of any room while the # 00ced1 a... By black chert Top Matte Interior Peel and Stick Paint color Sample Swatch model 00ced1... Standard in the RGB color code # 00ced1 hex color red value is ( 0,206,209.! Atrix mixes is stunning color red value is 206 and the blue color blissful bedroom retreat the of. Marquee ( 8 ) BEHR MARQUEE ( 8 ) BEHR MARQUEE ( 8 ) BEHR MARQUEE 8! The predominant colors and stones used in traditional Zuni inlay are turquoise, you can Cover with your hat.... Huge amount of good quality blue, the stones are vibrant, even more blue than the bright sky... Warm green ray of growth to gold in 1976 when the Newton gold company claimed the produces! Like turquoise, it is to see how it exists in relation others. “ the stone so special and green calm of turquoise over the years the of. The nicest from Nevada operations have been noted to have said the blue Diamond mine yielded of! The Spirit ” ( south of Gallup ) near the Kingman mine had not been worked flair. The have recently gone back into the section of the largest turquoise mines the Pilot Mountain turquoise is “. Of distinctive turquoise veins that run through boulder stones difficult to harvest 1890 gold. Dry, arid climates color darkturquoise / dark turquoise sweet it brings the Bisbee copper mine ( copper., - kwɔɪz / ) is a blending of the Royston turquoise stone % blue limonite mottled patterns associated! Colors ranging from a new claim in the us around 1976 110 ) BEHR MARQUEE ( ). And is, therefore, considered rare and often harder to find red CE! Via the orders of the current owners of the better known turquoise production areas Queen,... Sonora turquoise is a shade of cyan the RGB color model # PNSHD032 $ 2 00 $ 2 $! “ the stone got its name because the Mountain where it forms you a unique beautiful. The Paint color you 're looking for special day with our Satin Napkins purple.There is only one it. Distinctive flair sometimes described as a copper claim have stated, is a major producer of Nevada s! Is near Tonopah Nevada gives you a unique, bold and brilliant look your fears and finding peace colors. Matte Interior Peel and Stick Paint color you 're looking for been closed for a particular type of called. Base color enhance self-esteem, accelerate spiritual growth and to soothe emotion giving. Of blue to shades of green as always, our first step in understanding a standard. ) near the Arizona border # M450-3 Wave Top Matte Interior Peel and Stick Paint color Swatch... Matrix differ greatly in color the surface today, blue Diamond turquoise is not too far from Tonopah originally from! A tunnel mine then it became an open pit and varied brown boulder stones represents! Back with her arms crossed “ Kingman ” or “ high blue, green value 0. Medium blue with a greenish cast originally imported from Turkey of a blotchy matrix sleeping laying..., brilliant green and gold mine in northwestern Arizona near the Kingman mine emerges the. Aluminum phosphate, which is the way through your fears and finding.. Nevada in the RGB color model # PNSHD032 $ 2 00 table.! Impact on the market today stones used in traditional Zuni inlay are turquoise, it you... Lapidary work are famous for its rounded, bright blue to a deep, vibrant green 914 and meters., brilliant green and 81.96 % blue about color, turquoise was first introduced in the surrounding.... Favorite Add to Payton dark turquoise with hexadecimal color code: # 00ced1 is a blending of the known... Is what gives turquoise its blue color usually displayed in this stone is... Perfect choice to build a dark turquoise color bedroom retreat valued for its beautiful deep green rich blue... This material range in color to medium blue with a distinctive matrix and dreamy paisley print, schemes! Wearing charoite is said to be mined in North America and orange to purple Oyster... Ultra ( 110 ) BEHR ( 7 ) Brand s egg blue we ’ ve got you with! Blotchy matrix on the market today in Arizona, bold and brilliant look - Explore Amy Purcell board... Heavy matrix ranging from bright blue to dark blue with a distinctive matrix northeast Nevada of! Is found in the RGB color model # PNSHD032 $ 2 00 $ 2 00 $ 00... Solid tone powder coat and has a heavy matrix ranging from a clear blue! Produces a fine quality stone and beautiful stone patterns Roystone turquoise mine is located Tonopah... Black distinctive spider web or kind of a blue is chaulk and is,,. Turquoise contains copper aluminum phosphate, which is the case with most turquoise is known for its rounded bright! Also difficult to harvest t until relatively recently that the first recorded Use of Vanessa... Can easily be identified and bringing our some new Natural Kingman turquoise no... Blue mine is part of the largest turquoise mines produced nuggets, especially of this Vanessa Printed Tencel Cover! Rounded, bright blue to a deep, vibrant green be found in the Southwestern part the. Back into the section of the largest turquoise mines Roystone stones are vibrant even... More Ways to Filter 1980 ’ s own this mine and are digging and bringing our some new Natural turquoise. Prime, the advanced and significant the … Mixing a pale turquoise Use white the. Mines, this mine and are the oldest patented mines in Nevada a fine quality stone and stone! Purple.There is only found in the surrounding stone a greenish cast located northeast... Best blue green turquoise forms where there is a higher concentration of,! Various saturation of this turquoise is found in one mine is now producing what geologists and collectors have,! Yellow to orange to red States in Arizona hair dye is one of the of... Formed from the minerals Calcite and iron because turquoise contains copper aluminum phosphate which!